PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lankford: Cardinals or Padres GU items wanted.

DonTheLegend
09-14-2006, 03:19 AM
new to the forum, but ive been collecting game used items for about 10 years, mostly on the lower end scale due to the fact that my wife becomes mildly violent when i spend large amounts of money on this kind of stuff.

looking for, and interested in most any Ray Lankford game used items. i have several items ( jerseys, shoes, bats, hats, etc...) and i am always looking to add to the collection.

would love to have any All-Star , TBC, or rookie items, but not limited to this.

more specificly, i do NOT have a helmet, pants or a glove.

email me at thegreatpumpkin4@charter.net if you have something or have info on these items.

also looking to photo match a TBC jersey (powder blue '82 style) from june 1997 (interleague game against the brewers) i havent had any luck yet, but im sure something will eventually surface.

thank you and i look forward to being a part of this great site.

Birdbats
09-14-2006, 11:11 AM
also looking to photo match a TBC jersey (powder blue '82 style) from june 1997 (interleague game against the brewers) i havent had any luck yet, but im sure something will eventually surface.

Don,

There's a photo of Lankford wearing the TBTC jersey in the 8/97 issue of Cardinals Gameday Magazine, page 24. He's sliding into home and catcher Mike Matheny. The photo is credited to the Brewers, so maybe you could contact their PR staff and see if it (and maybe other similar photos) resides in the team's archives. I don't have extra copies of that issue and doubt that the Cardinals have extras, given the time lapse.

Jeff
http://www.birdbats.com

DonTheLegend
09-15-2006, 12:11 AM
wow.

didnt think i would get anything on this, not to mention this quickly.

ive tried for ,some time, to find that damn photo and most leads have resulted in shrugged shoulders. mostly due to lazyness i imagine.

Jeff, thank you for your response and with any luck i'll be able to score this photo.

-Donny

DonTheLegend
10-04-2006, 02:37 AM
just a bump.

although i did get a bite and im now waiting for pics on what sounds like a nice jersey.

thanks for looking.

DonTheLegend
11-27-2006, 02:10 AM
back online after a fire in the building that my business is in. fire did little damage. it was the fire restoration that kill my computers.

anyhow, still looking for items. just picked up a nice (and inexpesive) LS C243 black bat and ,with any luck, will be adding a jersey in the next couple of days.

still looking for the above items alone with the elusive SAMS bat.

you can email me at thegreatpumpkin@charter.net.

thanks again

DonTheLegend
01-13-2007, 12:46 AM
just a gratuitous bumb.

Cardinals Winter Warm-up is this weekend and i'll have a little extra cash (provided i dont blow it all at the auction) if anyones has any items of interest.

kj33706
01-15-2007, 01:24 PM
buddy of mine has a ray lankford cards bat red rose colored autographed i belive its 100.00 let me know if intrested.....

DonTheLegend
01-18-2007, 12:47 AM
buddy of mine has a ray lankford cards bat red rose colored autographed i belive its 100.00 let me know if intrested.....

yes i would be, thank you.

is it game used or game issued??

thanks again!!

DonTheLegend
03-31-2007, 10:26 PM
havent updated in awhile.

still looking for these items.

i did find the Gameday issue i was looking for. very exciting photo of Ray knocking the hell out of Mike Matheny.

ive picked up 2-3 items since my last update and im always looking for more.

DonTheLegend
06-28-2007, 12:31 PM
just a bump.

thanks

larryk44
06-28-2007, 09:15 PM
i have a game used 2004 ray lankford road jersey that i might trade .im interested in cardinals game used jerseys

STLFan2003
06-28-2007, 09:18 PM
is that jersey from Doug? It was on ebay and I guess he sold it to you early. I am interested in it if the OP isn't.

DonTheLegend
06-29-2007, 02:10 PM
i have a game used 2004 ray lankford road jersey that i might trade .im interested in cardinals game used jerseys

i have nothing to trade really. i generally only buy Lankford items.

the only GU jerseys i have are Lankford ( i have 5)

if youre interested in selling it, you can send pics , descriptions and price to:

thegreatpumpkin4@charter.net

i appreciate you taking the time to post.

thanks!

Vintagedeputy
06-30-2007, 04:28 PM
There is a Lankford bat on ebay right now

DonTheLegend
07-01-2007, 11:25 AM
thanks.

the ones that i see are a black mizzuno and a natural LS.

the LS is too pricey. i contacted the lady several months ago (about coming down off of the origninal price) and she is hell bent and determined to get $150 for that bat. too much in my opinion.

the Mizzuno has a #8 on the barrel or knob. possibly not used by Ray. again, for that particular bat, its too much for one (IMO) that more than likely wasnt used by him.

i have paid anywhere from $35 - $175 for Lankford bats, but these particular ones arent worth what is being asked.

is there a different one that you are speaking of Vintagedeputy??

thanks again for the heads up! i always appreciate people being on the lookout for others requests.

larryk44
07-01-2007, 03:14 PM
yes its from doug.im sorry but i dont want to sell it ,if you can come up with a cardinals game used jersey maybe we can do some trading.thanks

STLFan2003
07-01-2007, 05:20 PM
no, I unfortunately dont have any Cardinals jerseys to trade. If I may ask, how did you get him to end the auction early?

DonTheLegend
08-09-2007, 02:15 PM
another gratuitous bump.

just picked up another bat last week.

still looking for any GU Lankford items.

DonTheLegend
09-21-2007, 05:27 PM
another gratuitous bump.

just picked up another bat last week.

still looking for any GU Lankford items.

/

bigtruck260
09-28-2007, 01:16 PM
no, I unfortunately dont have any Cardinals jerseys to trade. If I may ask, how did you get him to end the auction early?

I'd be interested in what your offer was. I was the high bidder on it when it ended...no hard feelings, just curious as to what I would have had to spend. Thanks.

DonTheLegend
12-15-2007, 05:52 PM
i think this bump qualifies as more than 5 days.

DonTheLegend
01-27-2008, 03:41 PM
another gratuitous bump.

im in a very good position (financially) to pick up some nice items.

come on, dig through your stuff and make some money people.

DonTheLegend
06-03-2008, 07:15 PM
i didnt realize it had been so long since i bumped this thread.

im a little surprise about the light response over the last several months.

...unless you folks are hoarding his items.

come on, break yourself loose from that "junk" and give it to me!

....i'll hang up and listen.

hblakewolf
06-11-2008, 09:01 PM
new to the forum, but ive been collecting game used items for about 10 years, mostly on the lower end scale due to the fact that my wife becomes mildly violent when i spend large amounts of money on this kind of stuff.

looking for, and interested in most any Ray Lankford game used items. i have several items ( jerseys, shoes, bats, hats, etc...) and i am always looking to add to the collection.

would love to have any All-Star , TBC, or rookie items, but not limited to this.

more specificly, i do NOT have a helmet, pants or a glove.

email me at thegreatpumpkin4@charter.net if you have something or have info on these items.

thank you and i look forward to being a part of this great site.

Don-
I'm in the process of purchasing quite a few Padres jerseys (2001/2002), and believe a Lankford may be included. If you have interest, please let me know and I'll follow with you. I can be contacted at the email below.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

DonTheLegend
06-12-2008, 11:39 AM
thanks Howard

email has been sent

DonTheLegend
02-05-2011, 03:20 PM
simply a long, overdue bump.

things are finally starting to break my way after a 2 year collecting drought .

thats not saying that i hit the lottery, but simply have the means to collect a little here and there.

let me know what you folks have.

thanks

donnyatdpi@gmail.com
or
d.robinson164@my.stlouis.chefs.edu

jscott0688
02-05-2011, 06:03 PM
I have a pair of signed game used batting gloves. They are from his first stint with the Cardinals. If you are interested just send me an offer.

jscott0688@gmail.com

bigtruck260
05-12-2011, 12:00 AM
If Donny doesn't want them, I might be interested! Pics? Price?
Thanks.

kj33706
05-17-2011, 08:23 PM
I have a game used Ray Lankford signed and added game used 2001 St.louis Cardinals bat $125.00

DonTheLegend
05-17-2011, 11:00 PM
sorry about the lack of replies....

i go from being unemployed for 8 months to going to school full time and working part time to working 65-70 hours a week.

Dave, if you want to check out the gloves, you are welcome to first crack. if you decide to pass, i may pick them up.

KJ , i would be very interested in seeing pics of the bat.

feel free to email me at donnyatdpi@gmail.com

thanks guys!

kj33706
05-18-2011, 07:08 PM
pic's sent

DonTheLegend
01-12-2013, 10:28 PM
bump

slowly getting back on track

interested in what might be available, however, im limited (currently) on what im able to grab. would still love to see whats out there.

thanks!