PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning Game Issued.....Nope.

DoctorLoomis
08-27-2011, 09:56 PM
This jersey is not even remotely close to Peyton's game jerseys. Sad to see someone is gonna dump several hundred clams on a dud.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Peytom-Manning-Game-Issued-Jersey-Colts-COA-/320748863049?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aae1f3e49

mmonte4
08-30-2011, 10:53 AM
what issues do you see?

Mulligans
08-30-2011, 12:59 PM
To me it looks like a photo of an 04 and another photo of an 02.....2 totally different jerseys?....Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me?

Whats with the Autograph?.....Is it on a piece of paper or is that on the Jersey somewhere?

dcgreg25
08-30-2011, 01:23 PM
In the interest of sharing the knowledge with other forum members I wanted to remind everyone of the forum rules regarding questioning an item which are:

In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, the poster should clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue.

The rule is there not just to protect sellers but also to encourage members to share their knowledge regarding what is wrong or right about an item. Thanks!

R_Aaronson
08-30-2011, 02:44 PM
To me it looks like a photo of an 04 and another photo of an 02.....2 totally different jerseys?....Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me?

Whats with the Autograph?.....Is it on a piece of paper or is that on the Jersey somewhere?

I don't know about the authenticity, but the collar in the first photo reads "04-50" and in the second photo reads "02-48".

The autograph looks like its on a 3x5 card and nowhere in the description or title says anything about an autograph.

It's a red flag to me...I would need to ask questions and see more pics before thinking about placing a bid

DoctorLoomis
08-30-2011, 03:13 PM
I would like to apologize to the forum for not revealing the issues with this jersey when I first brought it to everyone's attention. The huge issue with this shirt is the sleeve type. Manning has never ever worn that type of sleeve. As we all know his sleeves are the open type...not elastic. Secondly, there are two jerseys shown....one being a size 50....and the other being a size 48. All of the photos of the full jersey show a size 48 strip tag. Peyton Manning wears a 50. Period. If he has ever worn a size 48....with elastic sleeves....I would pay to see it. Once again I apologize that I didnt reveal these issues upfront.

DoctorLoomis
08-30-2011, 03:20 PM
Hey guys....one more thing: I have owned several Manning legit gamers. If I remember correctly....I am 99.9999999% certain that the Berlin, Wi wash tag is ALWAYS sewn into the side seam on the same side as the Reebok jock jag. If you will notice I highlighted this error in the eBay photo. The Berlin tag is sewn into the opposite side seam. As I said I am 99% certain this is a glaring error as well. Under no circumstances....ZERO...was this shirt ever issued for Peyton Manning to wear in an NFL game.

dcgreg25
08-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the follow-up post DoctorLoomis, very informative!

DoctorLoomis
08-30-2011, 03:28 PM
On a final note, these photos are of a legit Manning gamer. Look very closely at the circles I have drawn. YOu can see the white Berlin wash tag sewn inside the jersey. It will stand out against the blue fabric. Notice which side it is sewn into??? The eBay jersey is a total scam.

cohibasmoker
09-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Photos aside, didn't the Colts wear a 50th Anniversary patch on their jerseys in 2002? I may be wrong - just a thought.

Jim

sox83cubs84
09-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Some poor sould ended up parting with $686.01 to win this fake.:mad:

Dave Miedema

Dolphins23
09-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Hey guys....one more thing: I have owned several Manning legit gamers. If I remember correctly....I am 99.9999999% certain that the Berlin, Wi wash tag is ALWAYS sewn into the side seam on the same side as the Reebok jock jag. If you will notice I highlighted this error in the eBay photo. The Berlin tag is sewn into the opposite side seam. As I said I am 99% certain this is a glaring error as well. Under no circumstances....ZERO...was this shirt ever issued for Peyton Manning to wear in an NFL game.

Not true about the berlin WI tag, they are sometimes sewn opposite side of reebok jock tag. All depends on taylors prefrence or players.

Dolphins23
09-03-2011, 10:57 PM
keep in mind I 100% agree the jersey is a waist of space and an embarssment with those cuffed QB sleeves lol

DoctorLoomis
09-04-2011, 04:46 AM
Not true about the berlin WI tag, they are sometimes sewn opposite side of reebok jock tag. All depends on taylors prefrence or players.

I have owned....and also held in my hands 10 legit Manning gamers. Ranging from 2003 to 2010. I have NEVER EVER seen with the Berlin tag EVER in the opposite seam. Never. If you have photographic proof of otherwise I want to see it.

serrao72
09-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Well im the tool Who bought the Jersey.

The tags are not the problem as i have a few Jerseys purchased directly from teams that have the tag on the other side. The problem is the sleeves which i did not even look at and the font on the M and G in the name plate. The jersey is legit but it was prob a blank and he added the numbers and name plate. He even sent a COA from the team that says the jersey is game used but does not say a number or player.

Wish i would of found these forums before i bid, would of saved me some $. When i saw the name plate in person i knew it was a fake. It does not even come close to other Jerseys i have. It looks cheap.

BTW 1st post!

sox83cubs84
09-06-2011, 04:49 PM

The tags are not the problem as i have a few Jerseys purchased directly from teams that have the tag on the other side. The problem is the sleeves which i did not even look at and the font on the M and G in the name plate. The jersey is legit but it was prob a blank and he added the numbers and name plate. He even sent a COA from the team that says the jersey is game used but does not say a number or player.

Wish i would of found these forums before i bid, would of saved me some $. When i saw the name plate in person i knew it was a fake. It does not even come close to other Jerseys i have. It looks cheap.

BTW 1st post!

Welcome aboard, serrao. You came to the right place to ask questions and learn the ins and outs.

Dave Miedema

kudu
09-06-2011, 04:57 PM

BTW 1st post!

I am confused with the negative feedback you gave the seller. Did the seller just give you the jersey without paying for it?

DoctorLoomis
09-06-2011, 05:30 PM

BTW 1st post!

The tags ARE an issue with legit Manning gamers. I have never ever seen one with the tag opposite the jock tag. never. Btw...welcome to the forum.

serrao72
09-07-2011, 08:15 AM
I am confused with the negative feedback you gave the seller. Did the seller just give you the jersey without paying for it?

The feedback was due to the seller giving me a random refund without any contact right after the auction ended. I thought he was trying to keep the jersey since he spelled Peytons name wrong in the listing and it sold for far less than it should if it was legit.

I called Ebay and they said the only thing i could do i leave negative feedback. THe seller contacted me after feedback was left and said the refund was a problem with paypal due to his limit only being $500 and we agreed i would remove the feedback once i got the jersey. He sent me another invoice which i paid.

Well when i got the jersey and saw it was a fake i refused to remove the feedback.

I emailed him about the problems with the Jersey and his argument was that it was listed as a legit COLTS jersey not peytons. He would not even talk about the second part of the listing where it said it was a chance to own a Peyton jersey.

Long story short, there were red flags all over the place and i made a bad investment.

serrao72
09-07-2011, 08:17 AM
The tags ARE an issue with legit Manning gamers. I have never ever seen one with the tag opposite the jock tag. never. Btw...welcome to the forum.

Well if the tag is specific to Peyton then i can agree but i have a few Carolina Panthers jerseys bought from the team and they are on the other side.

Mulligans
09-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Hey.....it happens to all of us....I've got a few items hanging on my "Wall of Shame"!

Just curious, did you ever notice the 2 different Jerseys in the listing?.....If so, did the seller ever comment on it?

If you want your money back you should be able to get it if you press hard enough!

serrao72
09-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Hey.....it happens to all of us....I've got a few items hanging on my "Wall of Shame"!

Just curious, did you ever notice the 2 different Jerseys in the listing?.....If so, did the seller ever comment on it?

If you want your money back you should be able to get it if you press hard enough!

I didn't notice when i bid but i was bidding from my Iphone, thats what i get for being bored in an airport. I tried to press and return the jersey but he stood by his guns that the auction was for a COLTS Jersey not a Manning jersey. I gave up after about 20 emails full of broken english. Ill try to relist the item as a real colts jersey but fake manning. Maybe ill get a few bucks back. This guy thinks his auction was honest....:eek: :eek:

Dan

Mulligans
09-07-2011, 10:17 AM
I have taken tons of "Low Lifes" to small claims court in my home Jurisdiction and have yet to lose my money. Shoot me an email and I can fill you in.

Jeff

serrao72
09-07-2011, 02:19 PM
I have taken tons of "Low Lifes" to small claims court in my home Jurisdiction and have yet to lose my money. Shoot me an email and I can fill you in.

Jeff

Not sure if that is possible since the seller is in CA and im in North Carolina but ill shoot you an email.

Dan

cohibasmoker
09-07-2011, 04:16 PM
I didn't notice when i bid but i was bidding from my Iphone, thats what i get for being bored in an airport. I tried to press and return the jersey but he stood by his guns that the auction was for a COLTS Jersey not a Manning jersey. I gave up after about 20 emails full of broken english. Ill try to relist the item as a real colts jersey but fake manning. Maybe ill get a few bucks back. This guy thinks his auction was honest....:eek: :eek:

Dan

I would file a complaint with eBay - they do have a Buyer's Protection Policy. The title said "Peyton Manning Game Issued Jersey with Colts COA". Speaking of COA, what about the COA the Seller so prominently posted in the auction?

Just an opinion.

ivo610
09-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Ebay almost always sides with the buyer. Make a big enough fuss and they should get you your $ back

AstrosGU
09-08-2011, 09:41 AM
I would file a complaint with eBay as well as with PayPal. As the above poster commented, they almost always side with the buyer.

serrao72
09-08-2011, 11:55 AM
I would file a complaint with eBay - they do have a Buyer's Protection Policy. The title said "Peyton Manning Game Issued Jersey with Colts COA". Speaking of COA, what about the COA the Seller so prominently posted in the auction?

Just an opinion.

Its a COA saying the jersey was game used but says nothing about who's jersery or what number is on the jersey.

I will talk to ebay.

Thanks guys

commando
09-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Its a COA saying the jersey was game used but says nothing about who's jersery or what number is on the jersey.

I will talk to ebay.

Thanks guys

It's always amusing to see these scammers do this kind of thing, and think the law (or eBay) will stand behind their "technicalities."

I was watching an episode of Judge Judy a while back, where a lady thought she had purchased two cell phones on eBay for several hundred dollars. All the seller sent were two sheets of papers that showed a photo of the phones and gave a list of the phone specifications. Judy wasn't amused when the seller tried to use the defense that nowhere in the auction did it say the ACTUAL phones were for sale.

It's hard to believe someone would agree to appear on a show that 8 million people watch every day, and wind up looking like a total idiot.