PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick - $8,500 photomatch "error"

mmonte4
08-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Found this Vick jersey on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Michael-VICK-Game-Worn-Used-Signed-Jersey-Auto-Eagles-/260842792521?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbb712649#ht_3245wt_1281

Notice the photomatched stains. Intersting because the jersey for sale isn't the same jersey in the in-game photo. The giveaway? Check out the flag above the #7 on front center in relation to the horizontal line below the collar.

mmonte4
08-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Also check out the flag's position in relation to the top of the #7. I believe the seller is a forum member. Perhaps he'd like to chime in.

finfanrb23
08-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Funny, I was just about to start this thread.... The jersey was purchased 6 months ago from vintagesportsauthentics for $1300.

http://www.vintagesportsauthentics.com/LotDetail.aspx?lotid=12534&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=Michael-Vick-Game-Used-Virginia-Tech-Hokies-Sugar-Bowl-Jersey-GU-8

I think that the dark spot on the left shoulder is also slightly out of place. On the game footage it appears to be above and slightly to the left of the seam, while on the jersey for sale it appears to be slightly to the right side of the seam. This could possibly because of how the jersey hangs in both pictures tho...

But I'd certainly agree with you that the big east patch placement is quite different between the two jerseys.

VerifiedAutographsCom
08-27-2011, 04:57 PM
This is VerifiedAutographs chiming in on the comments in regards to the jersey and the Big East Patch. I have absolutely no intentions on selling anything that is not authentic. I watched the game video several times and there were so many other matching factors that I never thought to doubt the location of the patch until a fellow member emailed me this morning. The jersey was once sold on Heritage Auctions ($6000) as well as Vintage Authentics ($1300).

Thus........I will repost the jersey on ebay "as-is" with all of the provided information in this forum in regards to the Big East Patch with a starting bid of a penny. I have heard that the Patch may have been removed for team equipment purposes and then replaced on the jersey once Vick was nominated for the ESPY but I wasnt there to co-sign on that.

As for as the profit on the jersey...... I bought a Vick Eagles Gamer last year for $350. I photo-matched it and sold it for $2300. I also purchased another gamer last week for $400 that I sold for $1600. I also lost $1000 on a deal this week for an older gamer. Sometimes you win and others you may lose. Is that a crime? Not really because this hobby is a business as well. Business is defined by selling for a profit if Im not mistaken (Capitalism). However, I agree that sellers, collectors and dealers should only capitalize on honesty and integrity.

P.S. Im no Steve Jensen. I am a man of integrity. What you see is what you get and the new ebay listing will show that as all of the details in regards to the Big East Patch will be listed and the auction will start at a penny. If there are any more comments send me an email to info@verifiedautographs.com as I am still obviously gathering more information in regards to the jersey and the patch by the moment.

I love the industry and I believe in protecting it. Instead of doing the public lynching thing on GUU you should give a heads up to sellers because often times some details may just be over looked.

Thank you for your input,

VA

mmonte4
08-27-2011, 06:55 PM
This is VerifiedAutographs chiming in on the comments in regards to the jersey and the Big East Patch. I have absolutely no intentions on selling anything that is not authentic. I watched the game video several times and there were so many other matching factors that I never thought to doubt the location of the patch until a fellow member emailed me this morning. The jersey was once sold on Heritage Auctions ($6000) as well as Vintage Authentics ($1300).

Thus........I will repost the jersey on ebay "as-is" with all of the provided information in this forum in regards to the Big East Patch with a starting bid of a penny. I have heard that the Patch may have been removed for team equipment purposes and then replaced on the jersey once Vick was nominated for the ESPY but I wasnt there to co-sign on that.

As for as the profit on the jersey...... I bought a Vick Eagles Gamer last year for $350. I photo-matched it and sold it for $2300. I also purchased another gamer last week for $400 that I sold for $1600. I also lost $1000 on a deal this week for an older gamer. Sometimes you win and others you may lose. Is that a crime? Not really because this hobby is a business as well. Business is defined by selling for a profit if Im not mistaken (Capitalism). However, I agree that sellers, collectors and dealers should only capitalize on honesty and integrity.

P.S. Im no Steve Jensen. I am a man of integrity. What you see is what you get and the new ebay listing will show that as all of the details in regards to the Big East Patch will be listed and the auction will start at a penny. If there are any more comments send me an email to info@verifiedautographs.com as I am still obviously gathering more information in regards to the jersey and the patch by the moment.

I love the industry and I believe in protecting it. Instead of doing the public lynching thing on GUU you should give a heads up to sellers because often times some details may just be over looked.

VA

No problem at all with trying to make a buck...just make sure its an honest buck. Its very disturbing that someone has doctored this jersey with stains, etc. to match the photos.

VerifiedAutographsCom
08-27-2011, 07:33 PM
I understand you feelings. Once again, I HAVE POSTED ABSOLUTELY ALL INFORMATION GOOD OR BAD ABOUT THIS ITEM WITHOUT LIMITATIONS IN THE NEW LISTING. You can purchase the jersey from me at wholesale and detroy it if you feel that strongly about it. My paypal is info@verifiedautographs.com. The jersey was authenticated by Sports Collectors Digest and sold at Heritage Auctions for $6K years back so obviously the jersey has a strong level of validity. Otherwise the jersey is for sale with all details listed for the world to see. With the patch question or not this signed historic item still holds a great level of collectible sentiment. A dishonest seller hides the truth. I am laying out all details and concerns in the updated listing. Bidding starts at a penny so the jersey will sell for what it's worth according to collectors out here. If a collector does their research and decides to bid or not it's up to them at this point as with any item..........

DoctorLoomis
08-28-2011, 03:14 AM
Forget the Big East patch issue.....look at the large smudge near the "7". Its not even close. Not within a mile.

mmonte4
08-30-2011, 10:52 AM
I understand you feelings. Once again, I HAVE POSTED ABSOLUTELY ALL INFORMATION GOOD OR BAD ABOUT THIS ITEM WITHOUT LIMITATIONS IN THE NEW LISTING. You can purchase the jersey from me at wholesale and detroy it if you feel that strongly about it. My paypal is info@verifiedautographs.com. The jersey was authenticated by Sports Collectors Digest and sold at Heritage Auctions for $6K years back so obviously the jersey has a strong level of validity. Otherwise the jersey is for sale with all details listed for the world to see. With the patch question or not this signed historic item still holds a great level of collectible sentiment. A dishonest seller hides the truth. I am laying out all details and concerns in the updated listing. Bidding starts at a penny so the jersey will sell for what it's worth according to collectors out here. If a collector does their research and decides to bid or not it's up to them at this point as with any item..........

You still have the jersey titled "Game Used/Worn". Also included in the description, "We are 100% convinced that the jersey is authentic". How can this possibly be the case?

pacman2680
08-30-2011, 03:27 PM
The nike swoosh looks off to me as well at first glimpse....

cliffjmp33
08-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Maybe I am overthinking, but if the jersey is the real deal, wouldn't you be able to match up the mesh-lining around the numbers or NCAA patch to remove all doubt? Just a thought. And for the record, I have no clue either way.

VerifiedAutographsCom
08-31-2011, 03:07 PM
As for stain placement...... The game pics provided above were taken with a digital camera on a 10 foot projector screen so there is a huge amount of size distortion from left to right and top to bottom as the photograph stood to the side of the screen to keep his shadow from blocking the picture. The stains remnants are identically positioned. That remaining stain that you see is after the jersey was semi cleaned during the game and then washed after the game. The stain on the left was part of a much much larger blood splatter stain that was poorly (half) removed by the VT training staff in between the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th Quarter which is clearly evident on the game video. Its amazing how negative the forum members have become. It's like a public lynching with no valid justification outside of an uneducated quick opinion.

pacman2680
08-31-2011, 09:35 PM
I think you should be able to properly defend a jersey you are asking over 8 grand for. And there clearly is some gaping question marks about it unfortunately. For someone to spend that kind of loot, you should be open to whatever questions come about. I find the questions raised completely justified. Just my two cents.

Falcon
09-03-2011, 12:29 PM
So what ever happened to this jersey? I don't see it on eBay

pacman2680
09-03-2011, 04:16 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260843294535?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Dolphins23
09-03-2011, 10:21 PM
As for stain placement...... The game pics provided above were taken with a digital camera on a 10 foot projector screen so there is a huge amount of size distortion from left to right and top to bottom as the photograph stood to the side of the screen to keep his shadow from blocking the picture. The stains remnants are identically positioned. That remaining stain that you see is after the jersey was semi cleaned during the game and then washed after the game. The stain on the left was part of a much much larger blood splatter stain that was poorly (half) removed by the VT training staff in between the end of the 3rd and beginning of the 4th Quarter which is clearly evident on the game video. Its amazing how negative the forum members have become. It's like a public lynching with no valid justification outside of an uneducated quick opinion.

even if so, blood dosn't just get up and move itself down an inch and show no signs or trace of where the blood was in game photos. Idk about this one, even big auction sites and game worn sites make mistakes. The stains on jersey you sold as to the ones he wore in pictures just don't match up at all. Regardless of camera angles/ shadows/ whatever you want to say, I don't buy it that a BLOOD stain was washed came all the way up off the jersey mesh, and then re-appeared on the jersey an inch below the actual spot it was at originaly. Thats just my opinion. I wouldn't spend my money on it. But hey God bless for getting a little over 2 grand for it.

DoctorLoomis
09-04-2011, 04:52 AM
even if so, blood dosn't just get up and move itself down an inch and show no signs or trace of where the blood was in game photos. Idk about this one, even big auction sites and game worn sites make mistakes. The stains on jersey you sold as to the ones he wore in pictures just don't match up at all. Regardless of camera angles/ shadows/ whatever you want to say, I don't buy it that a BLOOD stain was washed came all the way up off the jersey mesh, and then re-appeared on the jersey an inch below the actual spot it was at originaly. Thats just my opinion. I wouldn't spend my money on it. But hey God bless for getting a little over 2 grand for it.
Preach the truth Dolphins23. I agree with your points 100%. Further, I dont know whats worse....paying 2 dimes for a jersey this questionable...or paying 2 grand for a jersey from a player that hung, shot, drowned and electrocuted innocent animals. Vick is scum....and if he had not been caught and busted he would still be murdering dogs. I absolutely loath this savage.

josportsco
09-07-2011, 12:54 AM

VA

Let me make this easy for you. I represent Michael Vick and have several of his VTech jerseys, helmet, cleats. I also have almost ALMOST every gamer from Mike last year (Eagles). I can tell you with 1000000% certainty that your VTech jersey IS NOT the VTech championship jersey. I would go on to say I would like to see your 2 Vick gamers from last season that you photo matched and sold. Here is the deal I will go as far as to pay you a $1000 finders fee for each jersey to put me in contact with your two buyers and tell them it will be well worth their money if in fact they are good and photomatched. That deal will make up for your $1000 you lost. Also to help you out, if you ever have a high quality player gamer for sell get ahold of me. At the prices you are able to obtain your items at will can pay you 4x-5x the money. Also of note no need to mention a persons name on here in regards to integrity just not professional, especially when every post is knocking your jersey. Just state your case, explain your jersey, and make a decision about it. Just some help. Hope you get me those Vick Eagles jerseys.

DoctorLoomis
09-07-2011, 03:03 AM
Hey JO.....Loomis here. I "knew" that Vick jersey wasn't good....just couldn't prove it. Glad you chimed in since I know you know the facts about Vick.

NEFAN
09-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Forget the Big East patch issue.....look at the large smudge near the "7". Its not even close. Not within a mile.

Not defending either side as I am way to new at photomatching. Just trying to learn a few things.

One thing I notice about the game picture is that there is a wrinkle just below the triancular patch above the number. It seems to me, that could give the appearance that the flag is further to the right in the image that it actually is. Thoughts?

CollectGU
09-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Let me make this easy for you. I represent Michael Vick and have several of his VTech jerseys, helmet, cleats. I also have almost ALMOST every gamer from Mike last year (Eagles). I can tell you with 1000000% certainty that your VTech jersey IS NOT the VTech championship jersey.

Please explain how you can say with 100% certaintly that this is not the jersey? Because you represent Vick, and what else? Can you please provide pictures of the real championship jersey photomatched so that we can know with 1000% certainty that this is not the jersey?

Thanks,
Dave

Mulligans
09-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Please explain how you can say with 100% certaintly that this is not the jersey? Because you represent Vick, and what else? Can you please provide pictures of the real championship jersey photomatched so that we can know with 1000% certainty that this is not the jersey?

Thanks,
Dave

I certainly Agree with that.......

gamewornauthentics
09-11-2011, 08:53 AM
here are the photos as i said i would post; it is hard to see clearly but the jersey does have the white flap tag comming off the 44 size tag.

everything seems to match up but would like others opinions.

gamewornauthentics
09-11-2011, 08:54 AM
sorry second pic was at bad angle

gamewornauthentics
09-11-2011, 09:03 AM
i also wanted to a couple things ..

"The jersey was washed with the team laundry after the game but lots of FSU facemask and helmet transfers, scratches, turf burns, perspiration yellowing and stains still remain."

"This jersey has a number of stains and scratches that match the photographs and video of the game. However, there were concerns in regards to the Big East Patch Placement. It is rumored that after the devastating loss to FSU the Big East Patch was removed by VT equipment management as the jersey was not seen as an immediate commodity and may have been scheduled be discarded like many other damaged jerseys from the season. However, when Vick was nominated for an ESPY another Big East Patch was placed on the jersey and Vick then Signed the jersey and it was sold to the public. We are 100% convinced that the jersey is authentic as there are dozens of other matching identifiers. However, we believe in integrity and would like for all information to be known before we make any sale. Well if there are any other details in regards to the jersey we will definitely add them to the listing.
ESTIMATED VALUE: "

virginia tech like other schools allows players to keep their bowl jerseys after the game; no schools that i know of collects bowl jerseys and washes them for the players. i have also attened many bowl games over the years and you will always see players walking out with their jerseys after the game; most school only allows seniors who played their last game to keep their helments.

i have a several friends who played at big east and big ten school in college and all confirmed this over the year. i have also owned 3 virgina tech bowl jerseys over the years and every person i purchased them from stated they were purchased from the players not the schools.

gamewornauthentics
09-11-2011, 09:04 AM
JO,
can you confirm my last statments.

josportsco
09-11-2011, 09:06 AM
I certainly Agree with that.......

I do not have pics to supply nor will I be getting pics to supply. Vick told me where the jersey is and this is not the jersey. I personally have not seen the jersey. Another family member confirmed the location of the jersey and that is all I can comment on it. I am telling you this to help out the owner of the Vick jersey. He has a jersey that has several stains extremely close to the actual jersey and it is not the jersey. I hope this helps.

gamewornauthentics
09-11-2011, 09:25 AM
hey Jo,
can you second my statement below ...

virginia tech like other schools allows players to keep their bowl jerseys after the game; no schools that i know of collects bowl jerseys and washes them for the players. i have also attened many bowl games over the years and you will always see players walking out with their jerseys after the game; most school only allows seniors who played their last game to keep their helments.

thanks

VerifiedAutographsCom
09-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Thank you for all of the useful input in regards to this jersey. Vintage Authentics went down for a great reason. It sucks when you think you have something special and it turns out to be so controversial.:( If anyone owns the "declared authentic" Vick Bowl Game Jersey then I would love to buy it and any other Vick Game Worn Eagles, Falcons, Hokies or Pro Bowl Collectibles. As for the jersey..... It has been relisted on ebay as a professional cut team issued signed jersey with the speculation of game use. If anyone has any Michael Vick or Barry Sanders Game Worn items I am buying! info@verifiedautographs.com. Thanks again guys:) I love the forum because we get to the bottom of things via a community effort.

VerifiedAutographsCom
09-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Here is the new ebay listing starting at a penny and the jersey is being sold as a professional cut game style signed jersey. I think this is the fair way to go with all of the questions in regards to the jerseys actual game use.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260852394626?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

mickeymbz
11-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Here is the new ebay listing starting at a penny and the jersey is being sold as a professional cut game style signed jersey. I think this is the fair way to go with all of the questions in regards to the jerseys actual game use.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260852394626?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

so where did the smudge above #7 on right hand side and dot on left hand side come from??