PDA

View Full Version : NFL Jersey Experts/Chiefs Collectors

spartakid
08-27-2011, 01:11 PM
I was hoping that someone could help me out. I am looking at possibly purchasing a jersey of a player that is listed as issued, but he hardly played at all (possibly one or two appearances for the team). My question is, does anyone know how many jerseys a player would be issued for use in a season if they don't play. The season in question is 2009, although I'm not sure if that makes much of a difference. I know that regular players have many jerseys in a season, but I have a hard time believing that basically a scrub would be given 5-10 different jerseys in a season when he's not even playing. Any help on this would be great.

Thanks,

Ricardo

hockeytigers
08-27-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm pretty sure that every player has 2 home and 2 road jerseys by NFL rules.

Shipp_96
08-27-2011, 03:42 PM
I know that I bought a Bobby Engram AFL patch issued jersey from the Chiefs 6 months ago, and they still have another listed on their site. So I tend to agree w/hockeytigers that there is at least two of each.

Ironically, when I bought Engram's home and away worn jerseys with Seattle from 2007, he only wore one jersey all season (one home, one away). I know this because I asked the equipment sales person for the team while at their Pro Shop. So I actually own his set from that season.

Dolphins23
08-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Can't they just order more? I mean most of them can afford it.

Gridiron Heroes
08-27-2011, 05:22 PM
It seems that with the advent of JO/Steiner/MEI that each player has at least one jersey per game. Bizzare thing to me is that most of the players I've talked to don't own even one of their own jerseys, which is too bad.

Shawn Kennedy
gridironheroes22@yahoo.com
GridironHeroes.net

Dolphins23
08-27-2011, 05:55 PM
It seems that with the advent of JO/Steiner/MEI that each player has at least one jersey per game. Bizzare thing to me is that most of the players I've talked to don't own even one of their own jerseys, which is too bad.

Shawn Kennedy
gridironheroes22@yahoo.com
GridironHeroes.net

same here. I'm close with a few NFL players that I went to High school/ college with

Freeport HS L.I- Dbrikshaw da brick furgmister, Morlon Greenwood, Clifton Smith. and non of them own there own jerseys lol

my college WV my buddy Pat White never kept his jerseys either. He owes me an NFL gamer and a baseball gamer through a bet we had!! still waiting on that foo to deliever my gear!

mad87man
08-27-2011, 06:39 PM
They prob. have 2 jerseys per game. Which would make sense. As far as them having their own. I prob. would want mine but i could see why alot of them don't.

Dolphin, did you know Dbrick's parents? They are the nicest people i ever met.

Dolphins23
08-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Yessir, we used to play bret favre's quarter back club for n64 at his and my house and it would usually lead to us eating over at eachothers houses. We loved our video games. Then he commited to VA I commited to WV as a Safety red shirted, got injured and that was the end of me. And well his path now thats a dif story! haha we still keep in touch frequently though so its cool. Brick never forgets where he came from and who his true friends are.

Dolphins23
08-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Oh and secretley brick is a phins fan at heart!!! Keep that low though hed be so ebarassed if that ever got out!

mad87man
08-27-2011, 08:10 PM
That's pretty cool about you and him. I got a story too. Me and my sister went to the jets open camp at the giants stadium the day they had it when he was a rookie and we ended up sitting in front of his parents. My sis had his jersey on so we chatted a bit and my sis reconized them. So we had hats and were trying to get them signed and she goes who you want them signed by, i said anybody really, with that she whips them on the field and he picks them up and signs them. But there was so many people he couldn't get them back so she goes write your address down and ill send them. We both said we prob. arent seeing them anytime soon, well a couple weeks later in the mail they came with a belated bday letter(my sis said it was her bday the day before or w/e and she got the jersey) from Brick. Everytime we used to wait for autographs outside the player lot his parents remembered us shook our hands asked how we were and remembered us. I will always root for him and be a fan of his after that. Even if i am a Jets fan lol.

Dolphins23
08-27-2011, 08:36 PM
haha thats sweet yeah his parents are real class people. There very close with my parents. Before I moved from freeport they would have BBQ's all the time. Big brig is a big teddy bear and comes from a strong back bone type family.

spartakid
08-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Does anyone know how reliable the Chiefs are with their labeling of the jerseys. There were a few games that he threw only a few passes in, so I was thinking that perhaps because he may only have taken a few snaps, it could have been listed as issued. But I don't really want to get a jersey unless it actually made it onto the field.

mad87man
08-27-2011, 10:33 PM
haha thats sweet yeah his parents are real class people. There very close with my parents. Before I moved from freeport they would have BBQ's all the time. Big brig is a big teddy bear and comes from a strong back bone type family.

yeah he looks like a big teddy bear. not to be messed with on the field but when you see him off you wanna hug him and just seems like a real nice guy lol.