PDA

View Full Version : Game-Worn...but in the WRONG game!

sox83cubs84
08-13-2011, 11:29 PM
At Saturday night's Brewers-Pirates game in Miller Park, pitcher Zach Greinke was called upon to pinch-hit (for a bunt). He had on an alternate blue Brewers jersey...but the WRONG one!

On Sunday, the Brewers will be wearing German Heritage jerseys...blue alterntes with the team name "Bierbrauer" (German for "Brewers"). Greinke had mistakenly worn the Bierbrauer jersey during Saturday's game instead of the standard blue alternate.

Actually, given the distaste some GUU members have for "bench-worn" gamers, Greinke's Bierbrauer shirt now has actually seen game action. On Sunday he'll be on the bench, as he last started in Friday's game and won't be starting on one day's rest.

Game-worn Zach Greinke Bierbrauer jersey...even if it was worn in the wrong game.

Dave Miedema

PS: I tried to post a photo of Greinke in the jersey, but it wouldn't post.

camarokids
08-13-2011, 11:38 PM
They were just talking about that on MLB Network!

Here is the story on MLB.com

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110813&content_id=23180050&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Number13
08-14-2011, 12:09 AM
That would be an awesome jersey to get a hold of!!! I live in Wisconsin, but don't have the connections over in Milwaukee. I might need to work on that.

perlman9
08-14-2011, 06:38 AM
Hey Number 13
Keep an eye on MLB auctions, I bet the Brewers sell those jerseys there.

brewcrew
08-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Those are some pretty sweet jerseys. Being of German descent and, of course, being a Brewer fan, I'm keeping an eye out for them.

I know I've become deeply entrenched in this hobby, because just a minute ago they introduced Craig Counsell at Miller Park to a huge ovation (it's his bobblehead day). They zoomed in to a guy who was wearing a Counsell jersey that was very obviously SIGNED with an MLB authentication sticker on one of the numbers. I shuddered. Oh, the things that could happen to that jersey to ruin it forever.....:eek:

earlywynnfan
08-14-2011, 03:14 PM
I was just sitting behind a guy at the Indians game Friday night who was wearing an authentic Grady Sizemore auto'd jersey with the MLB hologram still on it. I cringed as the kid next to him at his hot dog slathered in ketchup.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com