PDA

View Full Version : Is this a photo match

sylbry
09-11-2006, 08:58 PM
It looks good to me but I may be biased. The stripes and the letter placement seem to match. Also, both jersey's lack the 40 year patch on the right sleeve.

gameused
09-11-2006, 09:14 PM
The jersey you have is a match with the getty photos. Everything matches up perfectly. Good job on finding the photos!

Bobby

both-teams-played-hard
09-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Looks like a match to me!

sylbry
09-11-2006, 09:51 PM
This one may be stretching it but it could be another match. This jersey is lacking the patch on the right sleeve. The stripe lines up with the top of the "T", the bottom of the line under "Twins", and the gap next to the "4" and the "8".

He is wearing the a black shirt underneath his jersey with the top button unbuttoned just like the other photos. He also is holding the same color bat as the other photos, has his hat cocked the same way, and appears to have the same 5 o'clock shadow on his face.

both-teams-played-hard
09-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Most likely from the same photo shoot. Now some stickler will chime in and try to rain on your parade and say "this doesn't mean it was worn in a game". It's still on Hunter's back!

sylbry
09-11-2006, 09:59 PM
I just noticed the stripe along the buttons and the stripes on the left shoulder also match up. The stripes also match up with the right side arm and shoulder seams however you can not see that in the pics of my jersey.

Thanks for your comments. I am confident but I would rather have other opinions before I call it a photo match.

Bryan

sportscentury
09-12-2006, 09:30 AM
Bryan,

It looks very good to me and I agree with folks that the photos are likely all from the same photo shoot. I'm pretty hard on photo-matches, but this one looks great. Not to be the rain-maker, but it would be sweet if you could find an in-action photo that matched.

Reid

sylbry
09-12-2006, 11:14 AM
The two getty photos are from the same photo shoot but different photographers according to Getty. The third photo I found on ebay. It does appear to be from the same photo shoot.

Thanks for all of your comments.

Bryan

gameused
09-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Bryan,

Here's a Torii Hunter photo I found that matches your jersey!

Bobby

Minnesota Twins gold glove centerfielder, Torii Hunter, poses with a wiffleball at spring training in Fort Myers, Florida.

kingjammy24
09-12-2006, 01:43 PM
i wanted to chime in with a small caveat. in general, it can sometimes be misleading to just match up pinstripes and the front team logo because often the manufacturer will sew the logo on in the same place on tons of jerseys. the logo is always the same size on every jersey and the pinstripes are always the same distance apart so there's a good likelihood that the front logo and pinstripes will often match up. that is, they may have standardized the application of the logo in that way. (not always though). as for the front numbers, the pinstripes will sometimes be used as a guide in aligning the numbers. for example, they'll decide to always sew the first number beside the 2nd pinstripe. here's an example of what i mean:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=854

if you want to line up pinstripes, your best best is to do it with the arm/body seams and the back of the jersey. the back will have both the name and numbers which offer far more of a unique situation for matching pinstripes. if you can score a photo of the back of hunter, i'd say that would be the nail in the coffin.

what i do find unique in these photos are the seam matchups and the fact that the twins logo and front numbers seem to pucker in the same places as shown in the getty photos. notice the specific puckering in the "T" and in the "4" in both photos.

rudy.

sylbry
09-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Thanks for all of your thoughts. I do believe I found a photo of him wearing it in a game. The arm and shoulder seams match up and from what you can see of the logo that placement also matches.

Bryan

sylbry
09-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Bobby,

Nice find. Thank you. I will add that to my collection of photos.

Bryan