PDA

View Full Version : What would you pay?

d2ray13
08-05-2011, 01:41 AM
Almighty Steiner has their prices out the roof. However, what would you guys pay for one of their high ends? Tex-4k, Cno 4k, and of course Dl Alex-15k apiece....just wante to see where you guys were at collectively.

damon ray

dray13@hotmail.com

EurekaDave
08-05-2011, 11:52 AM
I paid 2K for one of their low-end jerseys, Kaz Matsui. I was lucky to resell 5 years later at 1500. I wouldn't pay anything for Steiner stuff because they have inflated their worth so much. That is, unless you are willing to part with a life-savings, a spouse and what-else.

They are fun to watch, however.

Dave Silverbrand

gingi79
08-05-2011, 04:43 PM
I'll keep my snide personal opinions, stories and bias out of my response. With great effort of course.

I have found Yankee collectors and Yankee fans expect to pay more because it's the Yankees. Ditto Montreal Canadien fans. Steelers fans would pay more, if anything was ever made available. :D Ask Barry how the market is for NBA squads but I believe he posted recently in another thread that the market was up in the last 5 years with significant growth.

Look at Pujols and Ichiro. Fans of these players pay through the nose for the rare MLB Hologramed jersey that pops up. Imagine a jersey if Steiner handled their team? Is $30k irrational? Not when they sell out of the "Only 4 a year" each guy wore.

To answer your question, I don't think it's ridiculous to assume 10 years from now that Jeter jerseys don't sell for more than 75 cents to a dollar for each of his hits. Mariano is the greatest closer ever but I believe those prices will drop to $1k in a decade. Ask a Tino fan how much you can sell his jersey for, then attach the price tag to Teixeira.

All that being said, what a Yankee jersey is worth to a Braves fan (albeit one who understands the resale market of today's trends) can obviously be taken with a grain of salt. Much, in my opinion, like the business integrity of the proprietor in question.

yanks12025
08-05-2011, 05:53 PM
I think Rivera jerseys will be worth more than $1,000 still.