PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Baseball World Cup GU Items

Klattsy
08-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Hi All,

Do items from the Baseball World Cup make there way onto MLB auctions or to the public for sale? I have seen World Baseball Classic items, but never any World Cup jersey's (that I can remember).

Does anyone remember what happened back in 2009, the last time it was held? I assume with the growing market for GU merchandise, if it wasn't sold last time, it may be this time?

Thanks!
Mark.

godwulf
08-04-2011, 09:12 AM
Good question, and one that has occurred to me any number of times. I would imagine that, what with the slim budgets most of the teams had to begin with - even before the travesty of having the sport pulled from the Olympics and the consequent decrease in the availability of funds - there are probably a minimal number of jerseys made for the players...and I'd guess that those jerseys are no doubt highly prized by the players and in high demand among their own friends and relatives.

Funny story - I was at the grocery the other day, and (as often happens) a young lady asked me about the "I Support Irish Baseball" bumper sticker on my car. I explained about the Irish national team, and the rocky start they had and how much they'd improved over the years in international competition. She said, "Well, I guess we're good at everything, then"...at which time I noticed her lovely and distinctive Irish accent.

http://www.baseballireland.com/

russyurk
08-05-2011, 08:48 PM
MLB doesn't control the Baseball World Cup so those jerseys remain the property of the individual federations. USA Baseball has auctioned off their available jerseys but as far as the rest of the countries you'd have to contact each national governing body to see what they have.

Klattsy
08-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks Russ. Will try the ABF. As useless as they are...