PDA

View Full Version : Best place to find NCAA Game Used Items?

Greenbaumer
08-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Like the title said, any particular place? Thanks!

Shipp_96
08-02-2011, 08:45 PM
CBS auctions probably have the most items for NCAA game used. If you happen to live close to the University you are interested in, sometimes you can buy directly from them when they have sales.

I collect Penn State, and they are rough. The university used to sell directly in their student bookstore, not so much now. Now you have to go thru CBS auctions. I have a pretty good contact that runs quite a few events for them, and he is where I acquire most of my college worn items.

Otherwise, I have to get NFL PSU alums merchandise, which though in greater abundance, but is not as fun for me having ten different NFL teams that I dislike hanging in my collection.

It's why I try to stick to collecting cleats from NFL PSU alums. Hope this helps!

buckeyegamers
08-03-2011, 07:55 AM
email sent

coxfan
08-04-2011, 07:00 AM
I'm glad to hear about the CBS site. I believe NCAA advertised during the College World Series that they had 88 sports ( presumably counting women's and men's separately.) They also said they had 1055 member colleges, presumably counting all three divisions by college size. So it would be hard for them to have a systematic sales program of g-u items.

But many colleges sell g-u items on their own. The only way to know is to go to each college's website and check the "shop" and "auction" tabs.

It depends a lot on the whim of the people involved. Here at South Carolina, I was naturally interested in college world series items because of the gamecocks' back-to-back national titles. I thought I might get some consideration because I've done them favors: I've corrected two serious errors I found. In their printed programs that they passed out each home series, I found they had omitted one win in their 2010 list; this was corrected, thanks to me, in the last edition they passed out at the final series. Later, I found and corrected a very serious omission in their website statistics. Both times, their secretary thanked and credited me for the corrections. And I sent a special stat I noticed to a local sportswriter, that he used in their commemorative book.

But when I asked their secretary, who had put through the corrections I sent, about g-u CWS items, all I got was: " Thank you. We have no College World Series items." Ironically, the football and basketball teams here have occasionally sold g-u stuff. So it depends on local whims; no system.

BrewCrewSackers
08-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Tatoo parlors near Ohio State university.:cool:

Number13
08-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Tatoo parlors near Ohio State university.:cool:

As a Buckeye fan, it's hard to say this, but, that's funny!!!!!:D

BrianK
08-09-2011, 02:35 PM
[It] is not as fun for me having ten different NFL teams that I dislike hanging in my collection.

Funny you say that. While I see your point, I view it as a plus. Adding pro jerseys of college alums provides opportunity for variety while still having a focus. It certainly adds color. And a way to throw in some CFL, UFL, and Arena stuff.