PDA

View Full Version : Rickey Henderson signing...

mattp
08-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Hello all.............I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone has recently had Rickey Henderson sign anything game used? I know he did a public signing awhile back in SF and just last weekend in Cooperstown. My main question is whether fans are being charged double the autograph list price for game used items? He's signing this Friday at the National in Chicago and they're listing 'any bat' for $249 and there's nothing regarding the double charge he's always requested? Did he dump his old agent and is he under new management? Any info would be great. Thanks in advance...........Matt

Danny899
08-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Hello Matt,
Over a span of many years I've gotten most of my Henderson gamers signed and year inscribed in person by him. This includes jerseys, caps, bats and spikes. Rickey was always cordial about signing all these items. It was later declared that a jersey would cost about $600 to get signed and if it was a gamer (including other used items) the price would be double. Probably to discourage game worn item for signing. Naturally, I didn't get any more signed and neither did several other Henderson collectors. However, lately I don't see the double charge for gamers listed anymore and signing prices have gone down some. I feel it was probably a change of his rep. Like, I mentioned, Rickey was always a great signer at shows regardless of the item. Call and ask the promoter. Good luck to you!