PDA

View Full Version : Jeter Auto- Can't give it Away

EurekaDave
07-30-2011, 01:25 PM
This is a funny story about a Derek Jeter autograph and perceived value. Some things you can't give away.

I had one of those preferred customer catalogues from Steiner Sports, the one with the real Derek Jeter auto on it. When Jeter made hit 3000, I offered the sig free to forum members and got a slew of responses.

But one guy (no name) was first and said he would send me a stamped self-addressed envelope. I never got it.

I think it's funny really. If I had charged $10 for it, someone would have been all over me for shipping date, tracking no., the whole deal.

I'm sure he'll get to it. No problem. But I think it does say something about perceived value and human nature.

Dave Silverbrand

WadeInBmore
07-30-2011, 03:19 PM
When you decide to give up on the person let me know and I will send you out one right away!

wade

ncbadges
07-30-2011, 04:26 PM
I have a self addressed envelope already made out....just need to know YOUR address to send it to you!

nvb

Skizzick
07-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Hell, I'll give you the $10 plus shipping, plus tracking, plus a hug.

hohlernr1
07-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Hey, I sent it out on Wednesday. I really meant to ship it out earlier, but slipped my mind due to a lot of stuff going on in my life. Sorry for taking so long. I really appreciate it though!!!