PDA

View Full Version : mlb hologram numbers

momen55
07-25-2011, 03:21 PM
i have a jersey that has the sticker missing, but the residue is there. is there a way to find the number?

momen55
07-28-2011, 02:16 PM
no answers from anyone?

dcgreg25
07-28-2011, 02:25 PM
I doubt it. Your only hope would to be to find jerseys from the same year/signing/team and search in those number ranges. Otherwise you are probably out of luck.

frikativ54
07-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Not to derail, but it's taking forever for me to get one of my holos to appear in the databse. How long does it normally take?

coxfan
07-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Entering holo's in the database can take as little as a week, or as long as several months. I had a holo on a ball from a late September 2010 game that still wasn't entered by mid-December. So I e-mailed authentication ( I think it's authentication@website.mlb.com)

That brought results, as I got a courteous reply within a week, and the game was promptly entered at that time. If I remember the e-mail wrong, it's on the MLB authentication FAQ page.

frikativ54
07-29-2011, 08:07 PM
Entering holo's in the database can take as little as a week, or as long as several months. I had a holo on a ball from a late September 2010 game that still wasn't entered by mid-December. So I e-mailed authentication ( I think it's authentication@website.mlb.com)

That brought results, as I got a courteous reply within a week, and the game was promptly entered at that time. If I remember the e-mail wrong, it's on the MLB authentication FAQ page.

I got an automatic reply note that my message was rejected because the recipient's account is over message quota.

Do you have another contact?

-Frik

momen55
07-29-2011, 10:04 PM
anyone else have ideas on how to track these numbers? going back to the date of game, etc?

jppopma
07-30-2011, 12:14 AM
Momen, If you let us know what item is it, maybe someone has another player from the same set. That will give you a starting point to try to narrow down similar numbers. Personally, I include the MLB holo number in my database.

Good luck and hope we will be able to help.

John

momen55
07-31-2011, 07:25 PM
it is one of those tbtc "miami marlins" that the marlins wore in 2002. i haven't seen many around.
the one i have i bought from the marlins after the 02 season. it had a hologram on it because the residue is still on the front tag. it came with a team letter but i would like to find the n holo number for it as i am sure it is in the database.