PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question on pricing GU jerseys.

Number13
07-24-2011, 02:14 AM
Since I'm a newbie and need as much help as possible, especially this close to the National, I was wondering 2 things. First, what should I be paying for GU jerseys. I know that is very vague, but for now a range would help. I'm collecting #13 jerseys from all sports college and pro. Second, in reality, what will I be paying at the National? I'm assuming a bit more. And if so, is it worth it?
Thanks

jppopma
07-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi Eric,

I think that you would actually be able to get better deals at the National compared to paying more. That is because there are so many dealers there competing for the sales. Some low end players or practice jerseys can be purchased for under $50 and all go up from there.

Your best bet would be to walk around the National and get an overall feel for what the prices are. This will help you find the best price possible and save you from carrying the jerseys all over the place with you. You could even have a pocket notebook and write down what you find at each table, then make a game plan to go back later. If you find something that jumps out at you, then you can buy it right then or ask the dealer to hold onto it for you.

Remember, the dealers are in a position of getting the most that they can for a jersey and your job is to get the best deal you can on the jerseys you want. That being said, it is perfectly acceptable in this hobby to barter over prices. Don't take the asking prices at face value. Feel free to make reasonable offers and see what you can save (especially if you are looking for buy more than one from that dealer).

Another suggestion would be to look on Ebay and click on the completed auctions. This will give you an idea of what prices jerseys have sold (or not sold) for.

Having a specific # to collect is a good start to prevent you from buying everything. The next step will be to narrow down sports, teams, players, patches, etc to see what order you want to pick up all of the #13s in.

Best of luck,

John

PS: I have a #13 Michigan State baseball jersey that is around the $50 range if you are interested. Shockingly, not much else here in the way of #13's.

Number13
07-25-2011, 12:51 AM
John,
One of the jerseys I just picked up was a Michigan State Baseball Jersey. It's a grey vest with Michigan State in block like green letters across the front. Would you have a pic of yours?
Thanks