PDA

View Full Version : How lame is the Blue Jays Stadium?

BergerKing22784
07-23-2011, 07:33 AM
So guys its my goal to see all the stadiums in MLB so I am hitting up the Tigers Stadium next week (pretty pumped to see this one) and Drive to Toronto the next day but feel like it looks pretty lame.... I live in Baltimore so I know what a great stadium looks like.... Anyway can anyone say anything positive about this stadium that I have to look forward to?

CampWest
07-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Its the only one in Canada.

Let me know when you go to KC. Good luck, how long are you planning to span it over? How many down so far? I've only crossed off about 10 over my lifetime so far. But like Toronto there are some that just aren't much of a draw.

earlywynnfan
07-23-2011, 08:55 AM
When I went to Toronto, I thought the best thing was getting there early and watching them open the dome. Othen than that, not very exciting.

I liked Detroit a lot, it looks huge when you're in there. Why aren't you stopping off here in Cleveland? We have a Weds game at 11, I'll show you around if you want.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

BergerKing22784
07-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Work obligations... Ive been at my job for many years so I get a decent amount of vacation days a year. Girlfriend on other hand doesnt so we are leaving Thursday night to get half the drive out of the way. She actually wants to see all the stadiums also it was her goal before we started dating.

Will be in Detriot Friday night and in Toronto on Saturday. I keeps it a moving! =)

I've actually already been to the Indians stadium. I like it a lot.

The stadiums Ive been to so far are (Have a lot left to see)

Orioles- Camden Yards
Pirates- PNC Park
Red Sox- Fenway Park
Yankees- New Yankee Stadium
Braves- Turner Field
Indians- Jacobs Field (refuse to call it Progresive field)
Reds- Great American Ballpark.. Is that its name?
Cubs- Wrigley
Twins- Old Stadium, havent been to Target Field yet
Rangers- Walked around it when I was in town for a Cowboys game but I dont really count this one.
Phillies- Citizens Bank Park
Nationals- Nationals Park
Brewers- Miller Park

I've got tickets to the Red Sox vs Yankees series in September hope they make the Mets play an early game and Yankees a late game that weekend so I can see two games in 1 day!.

Its my plan next year to fly to california when the schedule has them all there in a weeks time frame to get them all out of the way in the same week.

Shipp_96
07-23-2011, 01:39 PM
Work obligations... Ive been at my job for many years so I get a decent amount of vacation days a year. Girlfriend on other hand doesnt so we are leaving Thursday night to get half the drive out of the way. She actually wants to see all the stadiums also it was her goal before we started dating.

Will be in Detriot Friday night and in Toronto on Saturday. I keeps it a moving! =)

I've actually already been to the Indians stadium. I like it a lot.

The stadiums Ive been to so far are (Have a lot left to see)

Orioles- Camden Yards
Pirates- PNC Park
Red Sox- Fenway Park
Yankees- New Yankee Stadium
Braves- Turner Field
Indians- Jacobs Field (refuse to call it Progresive field)
Reds- Great American Ballpark.. Is that its name?
Cubs- Wrigley
Twins- Old Stadium, havent been to Target Field yet
Rangers- Walked around it when I was in town for a Cowboys game but I dont really count this one.
Phillies- Citizens Bank Park
Nationals- Nationals Park
Brewers- Miller Park

I've got tickets to the Red Sox vs Yankees series in September hope they make the Mets play an early game and Yankees a late game that weekend so I can see two games in 1 day!.

Its my plan next year to fly to california when the schedule has them all there in a weeks time frame to get them all out of the way in the same week.

Great plan, but I would warn Cali stadiums are quite a journey apart outside of The Coliseum and Pac Bell being so close to each other (maybe 45 minutes apart on a good traffic day).

It is at least an 7+ hour drive to LA from the Bay, and Anaheim is about an hour+ or so from LA with traffic.

I know from personal experience a drive from the Bay Area to SD takes 10-12 hours, depending on LA traffic in between. Just a heads up!

A better plan may be fly into the Bay, catch them both playing, then take the short 1.5 flight down to LAX and drive to the rest from there.

Shipp_96
07-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Just to add to my personal stadium visits list, I have been to:

Pirates-Three Rivers (closed)
Philly-Vet (closed) and the new one
Baltimore-Camden Yards
DC-RFK and National Stadium for Nats
Detroit-Tigers Stadium (closed)
Oakland-Coliseum (should be closed :rolleyes:)
SF-Pac Bell
SD-Qualcomm (now just Chargers play there)
Seattle-Safeco, which to me is the most unique, nicest stadium I have ever seen.

Sincityson
07-25-2011, 12:59 AM
If you get good seats, it will a good experience, most week nights crowds are small

- low priced tickets if you buy them from craigslist/kijiji/scalpers/etc.. most times people sell them for big discounts.
- a selection of $100 game worn/issued jerseys in the Jays Shop
- lots of things to see/do in the surrounding area, many restaurants, etc..

If you have any other questions about it, just ask, been there hundreds of times.

So guys its my goal to see all the stadiums in MLB so I am hitting up the Tigers Stadium next week (pretty pumped to see this one) and Drive to Toronto the next day but feel like it looks pretty lame.... I live in Baltimore so I know what a great stadium looks like.... Anyway can anyone say anything positive about this stadium that I have to look forward to?

withay
07-28-2011, 06:30 PM
The Jays are retiring Robbie Alomar's 12 the next day and giving out bobbleheads! Too bad.

The Rogers Centre gets knocked by many around the league, but it's not really that bad. At least it's different. Sure, if it was built 5 years later, it could be one of the 23 retro parks in baseball (all due respect to Camden, which started the trend).

The best food in stadium is behind right field foul pole on 100 level (or a roastbeef spread behind homeplate, also on the 100 level).

The ingame scoreboard is right up there with the best in the league. Good in-game boxscores, and decent out of town numbers.

Junior Jays Saturdays are always a great atmosphere. You'll have the kids on the field for the anthem, and some kid will intro the batters during one of the innings.

They've got one of those bottom beer machines by section 114.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvVGIxZqr-U

There's a kosher & veggie dog stand by sec 130.

They host the ingame tv show near sec 134.

Other than that, it's not a classic park, but once you get to 30, it'll stand out, for sure. Like I said, it's unique.

Enjoy!

Oh, and since you're from Baltimore, may I also recommend that you enjoy those 1992 and 1993 banners hanging from the roof.

:)