PDA

View Full Version : Bat manufacturers

montemac
09-08-2006, 03:01 PM
I have been collecting game used bats for about 6 years now. I have been out of it for the last year or so. At one point I wanted to, among other things, have one example from each bat manufacturer. I am starting to see more and more labels. Other than the following list what companies are out there. Thanks for your help.
LS, Rawlings, SAM, Cooper, Old Hickory, Mizzuno, Hoosier, Worth, Easton, Xbat, Glomar and Carolina Clubs.

kingjammy24
09-08-2006, 03:07 PM
you know what bat brand i never see mentioned or spoken about? zett.
i'd love to hear about zett bats.

anyway, here are some more for your list:
kc slammer
kissimmee stix
young

rudy.

Yankwood
09-08-2006, 03:48 PM
I think there's Tom Cat and another one called Sticks by Stan or something like that.

metsbats
09-08-2006, 03:55 PM
D-BAT
SSK

-David

sportscentury
09-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Here are some others:

1) Stix (the company now known as Easton)
2) Nike
3) Yardstick
4) Georgia Pine Bats
5) Jersey Sticks
6) Brett Bros.
7) Texas Timber

I'll search my records later tonight for others.

Reid

metsbats
09-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Wow Reid.

didn't even know these existed!

here a link to boombat and they have additonal bats co. not listed.

http://www.boombats.com/sinfo.htm

David

GrndSlm
09-08-2006, 04:58 PM
I have several Jose Canseco Model ZETT bats. They never really stuck because they were manufactured in Japan and took forever to delivery product. The unique thing about this company is that they didnt place the players name on the barrell. They only put his initials and model number on the knob. Later on, around 1997, they started manufacturing them in the US and started placing the names on the knobs but he quality was not the same as the imported ones.

Another company is RTE.66 and Mattingly Sports !!

Thanks,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

BoneRubbedBat
09-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Here is a good list:

http://www.baseball-bats.net/baseball-bats/baseball-bat-directory/index.html

sportscentury
09-08-2006, 10:06 PM
We have not even started to list older bat companies, such as Spalding, Hanna Batrite, Adirondack (pre-Rawlings), Hillerich & Bradsby (pre-Louisville Slugger), Stahl & Dean, Zinn Beck, etc. The complete list is long. There are others (both contemporary and turn of the century) that I am not remembering.

This will not be the easiest of tasks, but sounds like a fun endeavor. Are you looking only for bats that have been approved by or used the pro baseball?

Reid

2000mvpfan
09-09-2006, 12:28 AM
......How about Zinger and Diablo bats?

Joe

earlywynnfan
09-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Reid, You forgot Mighty bats!

ken

MSpecht
09-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Below is a pretty interesting story about GLOMAR BATS that is taken from a recent Ebay auction description.... also, here is a link to one of his previous auctions...check out his completed auctions and see many of the bats he has sold off the past two or three months, including Guerrero, Canseco, Salmon, etc. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&item=250024290757&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1 Enjoy !!

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

http://images.andale.com/p/img/noahthemes/blank.gif
http://images.andale.com/p/img/noahthemes/spacer.gif

Rare Baseball Bat Tony Philips Personal Template

Bat # 9 Written in black marker on the barrel G343 5 34L PW 565- 566 / 34x33c ref:(red ink) Tony Philips model xtra small knob Thin handle. On the end of the barrel G343s More writing on the tip of the barrel. Near the handle green lines on the knob more writing.

In these auctions I will be listing some rare baseball bats. These were the personal templates that were used to make Major League baseball bats. These were not made for the general public, but for the Professional Baseball players them selfs. I have a total of 19 bats no 2 are the same. Most have unique writing on them Notes, measurements, sizes, ect.. These are great items for the baseball collector, baseball shop, or just to display. I'm selling them cheap with no reserve. Nothing has been tampered with or changed, I unloaded them from the truck, I wiped the dust off, loved them and put them away.

The dealer I bought them from consider them fire wood. He does not know American baseball. Its nice to do a little research before you have a blow out sale. I listed a little history of where they came from and how below. Most of the bats have holes in the ends so they could be put on a lath. All of the almost finished looking bats have a notch cut in them so not to be mistakenly sanded down and information lost.

"One day at a flea market I attend weekly that is known for storage unit buy outs (people who loose there storage units for not paying there rent) I came across these guys that had over 500 or more baseball bats, screens for shirts & hats, all kinds of baseball bat making equipment, Aluminum templates for bats, unfinished bats just a huge pile of everything baseball related. They were selling nice finished bats by the handfuls. There were several used bats, broken bats, with notes and markings.

As I was digging I found some papers with notes and names of professional baseball players. Here is some of the names on the papers. My papers are # 30-61 there are a few pages missing. The papers read NAME, MODELS, TEAM some of the players names JT Snow SF Giants , J. Canseco T.B Jays , Nomo , S Alomar CL Indians, Mondy LA Dodgers , M Ramirez CL Indians, J. Cruz T.B Jays, R. Palmeiro Balt Orioles, E. Perez A. Braves, Just shy of 70 names
This was obvious that a bat company lost there load (GLOMAR) . I noticed on one of the unfinished bats the name Sammy Sosa in black marker, I went thru a box of aluminum gigs (bat templates) and they all had marking pin names Sosa, Conseaco, Chilie Davis, Salmon, There were bats that only said LA Dodgers a little bit of everything.

The seller wanted more for the templates than he did for the bats because of aluminum scrap prices. The seller let me dig thru several wooden racks filled with what seemed to be unfinished bats. With a closer inspection, The names on some of the bats matched the paper work I found. After 4 hours of going thru every single bat 2-3 times I bought every bat that had familiar name on it. Most of the bats had codes like G36/ l.34 and that was it (no names). As far as collecting I figured any of the bats with writing but no names was not worth much without papers to prove it. So I only bought the bats with best names. Most were covered in wood dust so it was quite a job. Out of 500 or so bats I got the 20 best. I left all the no name, players from Puerto Rico, Japan, and softball league & minor league players.

When I got home I looked up Glomar's web site. The address was right on the box. The Website was up but there was nothing there, it just takes you to other places. I did a small research on Glomar and came up with a great article on them. I have cut and pasted it here or you can check it out at www.californiaheartland.org (http://www.californiaheartland.org/) Go to there (archive) on the top of the page and go to program 547 baseball bats.

The following weekend I found the same dealer and he told me the sold all the rest of the bats at a lot price for fire wood. All the aluminum temples left were sold for scrap. In the load I found two framed pictures one of Tim Salamon the other Henry Rodriquez. I included a shot of Henry Rodriquez at the facility. The racks in the back ground in Henrys photo are the very same racks that were at the flea market. "

montemac
09-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Wow what a list. I really only want bats that are allowed in MLB. It looks like I have my hands full. Thanks for the lists. What is the brand that looks like a big cursive M?

Birdbats
09-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Wow what a list. I really only want bats that are allowed in MLB. It looks like I have my hands full. Thanks for the lists. What is the brand that looks like a big cursive M?

That's probably Marucchi.

We had a thread on this last summer that included a list of all approved MLB bat companies (at least the ones we could find). The list doesn't include the many companies that once provided bats but dropped out when the MLB changed its requirements and made it too costly for many mom and pop companies to compete. Companies like Sticks by Stan and Young don't make MLB bats anymore, for example, but there are legit examples of pro bats from these companies used in years past.

Here's the link to the old thread with the list:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/379976/message/1121464626/

Jeff
http://www.birdbats.com