PDA

View Full Version : New York Mets Turn Back the Clock, Heritage nights -- need help

TNTtoys
09-08-2006, 11:50 AM
All,

I am working on a complete Mets uniform database which will include a section on special jerseys worn on field, whether they be St. Patrick's Day jerseys, throwbacks, or commemorative jerseys worn to honor a specific team or occasion.

What I am looking for specifically are the dates such games were played, and as much detail about the jersey worn as possible. Photos would be great, but not critical to what I'm putting together.

Here is a brief example:

Date: July 9th, 2005. Away game.
Opponent: Pittsburgh Pirates.
Occasion: TBTC - Negro Leagues.
Jersey Description: Gray Road "NEW YORK CUBANS" jersey.
Manufacturer: AIS
Material: Solid Polyester, button down
Team Logo: NEW YORK across chest in red block letters
Player Info: No Front Number, No Back Name, Back Number
Sleeves: "CUBANS" in red block letters running down left sleeve.

I obviously have complete information on the August 19-20, 2006 20th Anniversary jerseys, but I am missing pieces of information on most others. There are probably quite a few of these I am missing completely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

- Nick

metsbats
09-08-2006, 04:03 PM
http://www.ultimatemets.com/uniforms.html

This has some good information to start. Additional research to drill down to detail will be required.

Would love to see the final results of all your work.

-David

TNTtoys
09-08-2006, 10:05 PM
David,

That site helped me a fair bit with the basics (home & road). I have more information coming from my own research and from another source (thanks Chris).
The site does not however cover batting practice jerseys and any special jerseys (Mercury Mets, St. Pats, TBTCs, etc.) so I am hoping that if anyone out there has any supporting info that they can share it.

Nick

metsbats
09-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Let me know if you need info on 80's jerseys as I have a fair amount of jerseys from the 84-88 period and would be happy to pass them along.

-David

TNTtoys
09-09-2006, 05:39 PM
David,

Can you please list the jersey styles (year, home/road/bp) you have? I'll let you know which I can use some more info on.

Thanks for your help,
Nick

metsbats
09-11-2006, 07:08 AM
David,

Can you please list the jersey styles (year, home/road/bp) you have? I'll let you know which I can use some more info on.

Thanks for your help,
Nick

Nick

84 Roads & homes
85 Roads & homes
86 Roads & homes, BP
87 Roads
88 Roads

2002 homes
2003 Roads
2004 Road and homes

-David

suave1477
09-11-2006, 09:20 AM
To add to this discussion i do beleive there was a game when a camoflauge jersey was worn. Maybe someone can correct me if im wrong but I could have sworn I saw that some where a couple of years ago.

metsbats
09-11-2006, 10:29 AM
To add to this discussion i do beleive there was a game when a camoflauge jersey was worn. Maybe someone can correct me if im wrong but I could have sworn I saw that some where a couple of years ago.

I've seen a camoflauge jersey offered on ebay which was worn by one of the Mets minor league teams. The Mets played the Padres early this season and the Padres wore camoflauge but the Mets did not.

I don't recall any at the major league level personally.

David

suave1477
09-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Metsbats you could be right but im not talking about this year. Maybe about 2 or 3 years ago I could have sworn I saw the Mets wearing them. Again I could be wrong, just throwing it in food for thought.

island_style
09-12-2006, 05:41 AM
I have a 1992 Mets home pinstripe jersey from the Nostalgia Game to commerate, I think, the 30th anniversary of the 1962 Mets season. It's buried in storage at the moment, but I can retrieve it and send some photos. From what I can remember, it's a Rawlings size 46 and has a patch sewn into the lower left front tail that had the date of the game and the player's name and number.

Ron.
Rsamiano@aol.com

TNTtoys
09-12-2006, 10:20 AM
David -- thanks for the list. Unfortunately I have info on all of those styles, except perhaps the 86 BP. They wore so many different styles at that time, it's hard to say whether I have captured it or not (but in all likelihood I do). Could you send along any supporting info and I can see whether or not it is new or old?

Ron -- if you could provide info on the 1962/1992 commemorative jersey, that would be great. I don't have any information on that style jersey. Is it game worn? If so, which player?

island_style
09-13-2006, 05:28 AM
David -- thanks for the list. Unfortunately I have info on all of those styles, except perhaps the 86 BP. They wore so many different styles at that time, it's hard to say whether I have captured it or not (but in all likelihood I do). Could you send along any supporting info and I can see whether or not it is new or old?

Ron -- if you could provide info on the 1962/1992 commemorative jersey, that would be great. I don't have any information on that style jersey. Is it game worn? If so, which player?

Here are some photos of the 1992 Mets pinstripe August 30, 1992 Nostalgia Game jersey. It is a jersey of Sid Fernandez. I'm not sure if it's game worn, but I collect his jerseys and thought this was a keeper for my collection. By the way, if anyone has a Fernandez Dodgers jersey I will pay top dollar.

Hope this helps.

Ron.
Rsamiano@aol.com

island_style
09-13-2006, 05:45 AM
Here are some photos of the 1992 Mets pinstripe August 30, 1992 Nostalgia Game jersey. It is a jersey of Sid Fernandez. I'm not sure if it's game worn, but I collect his jerseys and thought this was a keeper for my collection. By the way, if anyone has a Fernandez Dodgers jersey I will pay top dollar.

Hope this helps.

Ron.
Rsamiano@aol.com

Sorry, the photos did not load. I can e-mail them to you for your reference project. However, it is a Rawlings home pinstripe jersey, size 46 (collar in tag and red Rawlings size 46 tag in lower left front tail), Strip patch above the red Rawlings tag reads, "1962 Nostaglia Game Aug. 30, 1992 Fernandez," no number on front, no name on back, El Sid's #50 sewn on the back in blue-on-orange numbers, "Mets" script sewn in blue-on-orange on the front, Mets skyline patch sewn on the left sleeve.

Hope this helps.

Ron.
Rsamiano@aol.com

indyred
09-13-2006, 07:39 AM
Anybody know the exact dates the Mets played in Turn Ahead The Clock games, using the Mercury Mets jerseys. Didn't some teams have both a home and road TATC jersey and play in multiple games with them. Did the Mets just have the one black one and did they play more than just one game in this jersey? Also, is there any game photo's out there from this game.

Eric
09-13-2006, 08:27 AM
Here's an article I posted in a different thread. Hope this helps...
Eric

Eric
GUF Administrator

Re: MLB Turn Ahead Clock Jerseys (1999)
Do we remember it? Who could forget seeing on the scoreboard a futuristic depiction of Rickey Henderson with 3 eyes!!!

Think I'm making it up? Read below

Turn Ahead? Turn around - 'Turn Ahead the Clock' baseball games feature futuristic uniforms and scoreboard displays - Brief Article
Todd Fitzpatrick

Have you seen those futuristic uniforms some baseball teams have been wearing lately? You know, the ones that look like they were designed by Dennis Rodman and the Teletubbies.

It's all part of baseball's "Turn Ahead the Clock" promotion, which is supposed to be a glimpse of life in the year 2021. And, let's face it. Who hasn't been sitting around lately wondering what baseball would be like in 2021?

Some teams--the Yankees, Cubs, Blue Jays, Rangers, Expos, Astros, Reds and Dodgers--aren't participating. Other teams probably wish they weren't as well.

When the "Mercury" Mets hosted Pittsburgh on July 27, the Pirates' uniforms looked like pajamas designed by color-blind preschoolers. They wore orange-red shirts with no sleeves and yellow shirts underneath, with an enormous pirate plastered on their chests. Even the bright-orange Astros uniforms of the 1980s were easier on the eyes.

"It looks like Halloween came early," Pirates pitcher Greg Hansell says.

Each Mets hitter was pictured on the scoreboard with space-age graphics you might expect on Star Trek. Rickey Henderson was depicted as a three-eyed alien with huge pointed ears.

"I don't know where they came up with my picture," Henderson says. "I know my ears ain't that big.

Before the game started, the umpires were laughing at me. And then when I lined out to short, they were saying I hit the guy in his third eye."

"We should have had a big top," Orel Hershiser says. "If we can't sell the product the way it is, maybe we should give it a rest."

If any fans out there disagree with Hershiser and think you've missed all of the fun, don't fret. There are several more "Turn Ahead the Clock" games coming to a ballpark near you, including Saturday, when Tampa Bay plays at Kansas City. Other dates: Atlanta at Colorado, August 18; Arizona at Pittsburgh, August 20; Cleveland at Chicago, September 10; Philadelphia at Arizona, September 11; and Detroit at Boston, September 18.

Say what you will about the crazy uniforms and circus atmosphere created by this promotion. At the very least, it has given players another excuse alter a loss.

Says Mike Piazza, "We weren't beamed up to the proper coordinates."

TNTtoys
09-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Sorry, the photos did not load. I can e-mail them to you for your reference project. However, it is a Rawlings home pinstripe jersey, size 46 (collar in tag and red Rawlings size 46 tag in lower left front tail), Strip patch above the red Rawlings tag reads, "1962 Nostaglia Game Aug. 30, 1992 Fernandez," no number on front, no name on back, El Sid's #50 sewn on the back in blue-on-orange numbers, "Mets" script sewn in blue-on-orange on the front, Mets skyline patch sewn on the left sleeve.

Hope this helps.

Ron.
Rsamiano@aol.com

Ron,

Please send me the photos - TNT_Toys@yahoo.com
I don't think I have ever seen a jersey from this game.

Many thanks,
Nick

dcrules01
09-13-2006, 07:24 PM
2002 tbc game photo..I got this off Getty if anyone knows wear I can find this jersey let me know thanks...

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/dcrules01/tbc1a.jpg

dcrules01
09-13-2006, 07:27 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/dcrules01/tbc2a.jpg

dcrules01
09-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Mercury Mets unis

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/dcrules01/mm1-1.jpg

island_style
09-14-2006, 04:41 AM
Ron,

Please send me the photos - TNT_Toys@yahoo.com
I don't think I have ever seen a jersey from this game.

Many thanks,
Nick

Photos have been e-mailed to those who requested them. If anyone has any additional information on the 1992 Mets Nostalgia Game jerseys, it is greatly appreciated!

Ron.
Rsamiano@aol.com

TNTtoys
09-14-2006, 10:05 AM
This photo is good for a laugh. When the Mets were the "Mercury Mets" for one game in 1999, they played the Pittsburgh Pirates... who wore this abomination...

dcrules01
09-14-2006, 01:40 PM
Here is your jersey Ron....
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/dcrules01/mets2.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/dcrules01/mets1.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/dcrules01/mets3.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/dcrules01/mets4.jpg

indyred
09-14-2006, 05:37 PM
That Pirates TATC jersey is cool. Where do you find pictures from these games?

dcrules01
09-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Getty Images