PDA

View Full Version : Fake Manning Helmet On Ebay!

AlexT
07-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Hey guys,

Here is the realest fake manning ive ever seen. At first glance the helmet looks like a gem. But when you do your homework youll notice something else...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Peyton-Manning-Game-Used-Colts-Helmet-/300576539461?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fbc20345#ht_500wt_1142

As you can see the bottom white circle inside the cult logo matches up with the wrong hole on the side of the helmet. Second the american flag is in the complete wrong place. I mean this is just bad!!! And he says his "helmet comes with a letter of authenticity signed by the Colts and/or Dreams Inc"

JUST WOW!

AlexT
07-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Heres the ebay helmet

AlexT
07-14-2011, 12:29 PM
OH and one more thing!!! The back of the helmet that Peyton is wearing says CULTS! NOT RIDDELL!

legaleagle92481
07-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Good points. The inscription is in a different hand then the signature as well and does not appear to be authentic. The "Peyton Manning" signature in itself is authentic but Peyton does many signings and will sign anything you put in front of him if your willing to pay.

earlywynnfan
07-14-2011, 04:44 PM
I agree with you, but the images you post are completely different from what I get when I check getty for 12/3/06; he's wearing white on that date.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

AlexT
07-14-2011, 06:26 PM
he wore the same helmet all year

BrianK
07-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Placement of horseshoe is clincher for me. 03 Dec 2006.

BrianK
07-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Did you guys check out the seller's other items? Is that a retail helmet box?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300575261494

Jags Fan Dan
07-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Did you guys check out the seller's other items? Is that a retail helmet box?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300575261494
Wow, red flag anyone!!?? :D

stitzerfse
07-14-2011, 09:11 PM
An additional point on the Peyton. I've had several opportunities to buy Peyton game used helmets that came with Mtd Memories backed autos and ALL of them came with his own hologram.

Shipp_96
07-14-2011, 09:51 PM
ZERO feedback, so clearly he's in it to make a quick buck and disappear. Plus, his only "game used" items are of the TOP DOLLAR players like Favre, a Peyton "used" helmet, jersey and cleats no less plus an Eli helmet and jersey?

Please...

Shipp_96
07-14-2011, 09:59 PM
You know, I really wish there was an edit button on here. After examining all of his auctions, maybe, just maybe he really does believe these items are authentic and game used, because he certainty tries to give COAs, where he bought them, etc...

I am just pointing this out, because the autos are real, no doubt. The ZERO feedback still smells of a scam, but he may be just misinformed and believe he has the real deal on these items.

kprst6
07-15-2011, 12:59 PM
You know, I really wish there was an edit button on here. After examining all of his auctions, maybe, just maybe he really does believe these items are authentic and game used, because he certainty tries to give COAs, where he bought them, etc...

I am just pointing this out, because the autos are real, no doubt. The ZERO feedback still smells of a scam, but he may be just misinformed and believe he has the real deal on these items.

Yeah, I've been to at least 2 people's house's that had memorabilia collections that I never knew about. They often showed me "game worn" Steelers, Penguins, and Pirates jerseys that were clearly borntrade.com jerseys, signed Crosby and Malkin jerseys that were clearly fake signatures all purchased on eBay. Non hardcore collectors buy things without knowing the difference between fake and real items.

I never had the heart to let them know the 3ft framed Crosby jersey was both a fake jersey and had a fake signature. One person even told me, "You hope that the stuff is real when you buy it on eBay, what do you think about it?". My response is always, I never buy autographed item's players/celebrities because the only way you know it's real is if you were standing there getting it signed. These people may turn around and try to sell their $2,000 game worn Crosby Winter Classic jersey as being the real thing without realizing it's not even an authentic jersey (yes they paid $2,000 for a $35.00 borntrade.com knockoff).

Shipp_96
07-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Yeah, I've been to at least 2 people's house's that had memorabilia collections that I never knew about. They often showed me "game worn" Steelers, Penguins, and Pirates jerseys that were clearly borntrade.com jerseys, signed Crosby and Malkin jerseys that were clearly fake signatures all purchased on eBay. Non hardcore collectors buy things without knowing the difference between fake and real items.

I never had the heart to let them know the 3ft framed Crosby jersey was both a fake jersey and had a fake signature. One person even told me, "You hope that the stuff is real when you buy it on eBay, what do you think about it?". My response is always, I never buy autographed item's players/celebrities because the only way you know it's real is if you were standing there getting it signed. These people may turn around and try to sell their $2,000 game worn Crosby Winter Classic jersey as being the real thing without realizing it's not even an authentic jersey (yes they paid $2,000 for a $35.00 borntrade.com knockoff).

Wow...I never such a knock off jersey site existed, how horrible for the non-informed and unscrupulous seller!

I tend to agree with the auto thing, all but three of my non game worn autos were signed in my presence. These all have COAs from companies like Just Minors and NFL auctions PSA/DNA.

Otherwise, when it comes to autos, I get them myself (plus I like meeting the players and taking a photo with them). Though none of my game worn jerseys or helmets are signed, all but one of my game worn cleats are signed (and I like them that way), but sadly none were signed in my presence.

However, they again mostly come from NFL auctions or CBS NCAA auctions, so I do feel better about them. Even with that, I do my homework and compare multiple signed items on the internet from the player before purchasing...even from NFL auctions.