PDA

View Full Version : Bryce Harper Futures Game Used Hat MLB Auctions....

MLB~NUT
07-12-2011, 11:03 PM
its up for bid now with 5 days left and up to over 900.00 already

http://nationals.auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=158866035&prmenbr=56309549&aunbr=159212745

Todd Vernon

toddman26@sbcglobal.net

Always looking for Matt Holliday and Colby Rasmus Game Used...

freddiefreeman5
07-13-2011, 12:12 AM
OK, I fold. :cool:

MLB~NUT
07-13-2011, 04:43 PM
I wouldn't take it, he seems like a real douche to me...

freddiefreeman5
07-13-2011, 08:31 PM
I wouldn't take it, he seems like a real douche to me...
Most 18 year olds are.

Lighten up and let him grow up.

frikativ54
07-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Most 18 year olds are.

Lighten up and let him grow up.

I don't think most eighteen-year-olds are "douches." Many are very nice and have good intentions. However, I think a lot of us did really dumb things in our late teens and early twenties.

I can cut Bryce Harper some slack because of his youth. However, he shouldn't get a free pass or be coddled when he does things that are inappropriate and out of the norm for an eighteen-year-old.

freddiefreeman5
07-13-2011, 09:54 PM
Yeah, blowing a kiss to a pitcher who stares at you and cusses at you as you round the bases is way out of line.
Unlike the big leaguers who take steroids, skip the all star game, watch their homeruns like they have never hit one before, get drunk, get dui's, take drugs, have multiple affairs, have mutliple children by different women, switch teams every 2-3 years in search of the all mighty dollar, charge $100 for an autograph as if making 10 million dollars a year is not enough, etc..........

Yeah lets have the monthly ganging up on Bryce Harper for being an 18 year old.

Canseco44
07-13-2011, 10:20 PM
Geez! Nobody said he was the 'Only' douche! He's one of many. And who's to say steroids and dui's aren't in his future? I coach high school football and I'm around teenagers every day. I can tell you, at our school at least, most 18 yr olds are very respectful kids, however, like adults you have a few douches in the mix. To be honest, a large percentage of our best athletes regularly act like douches. I don't know if that's connected to being the better athlete or not. But there are some great all around kids too. I do know at 18, I was probably called a douche once or twice by adults! Just my take on the matter.

Todd

lakeerie92
07-13-2011, 10:31 PM
I am 26 and I still regularly act like a douche!

That being said I still wouldn't have gone as far as to blow a kiss. The home run was statement enough. I don't have anything against Harper though, he is still way to new to attempt to determine his character.

brewcrew
07-13-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm pretty much indifferent to his conduct at this point. He's got time to prove/disprove any doucheiness (is that a new word?). :p

And while I realize that he is projected to be a big time star, that's a lot of coin to spend on a guy who hasn't even sniffed a major league roster yet. But that's just me...different strokes for different folks. There are some items I'd probably shell way too much out for if it was something I really wanted (like a purchase I'm contemplating right now for an ASG BP jersey).

freddiefreeman5
07-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Geez! Nobody said he was the 'Only' douche! He's one of many. And who's to say steroids and dui's aren't in his future? I coach high school football and I'm around teenagers every day. I can tell you, at our school at least, most 18 yr olds are very respectful kids, however, like adults you have a few douches in the mix. To be honest, a large percentage of our best athletes regularly act like douches. I don't know if that's connected to being the better athlete or not. But there are some great all around kids too. I do know at 18, I was probably called a douche once or twice by adults! Just my take on the matter.

Todd
You really collect Jose Canseco and call another baseball player a douche?

Canseco44
07-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Did you not read my first line? I said he is one of many douches. I also said maybe there is a link between being a great athlete and a douche. Are you a teenager? It seems like you're taking all of this a little personal. Also, I never said I have anything against Harper, even good people can occasionally act like a douche.

Former sometime douche, Todd

shaunharr
07-13-2011, 11:39 PM
All this bickering over someone's calling Bryce Harper a douche.

Wow.

freddiefreeman5
07-13-2011, 11:47 PM
All this bickering over someone's calling Bryce Harper a douche.

Wow.

I guess I take exception to any "adult" talking bad about a teenager who is just finding out what life is really about.
As adults we should know better and set the example that we want others to follow.
We cannot call a teenager a douche without looking like one ourselves. It takes a very small man to call out a teenager.

gorilla777
07-14-2011, 12:18 AM
I think we can all agree that the Hall of Fame is filled with a large assortment of fellows that you would not want to emulate. And we are talking about a teenager, so hopefully he does get rid of the labeling that is being floated about him, since in today's society, perception becomes reality.
But it does seem this conversation veered into taking it a bit too personal and then getting personal in rebuttal.
Maybe it's best to get back to the original topic, whatever that was, I forgot....:cool:

OaklandAsFan
07-14-2011, 01:00 AM
I was on the "douche" bandwagon (and still really kinda am until he proves differently) but I gotta say he spent about 10 minutes signing for people down the LF line before the Futures game and then spent a good half hour signing on top of the Dbacks dugout singing for fans after the Celeb Softball Game (he was live tweeting during the game)

Thats already about 40 minutes more signing that I saw him do all of Arizona Fall League.

godwulf
07-14-2011, 03:24 AM
...and then spent a good half hour signing on top of the Dbacks dugout singing for fans after the Celeb Softball Game

Wow, a five-tool player and he can sing! :rolleyes:

Thats already about 40 minutes more signing that I saw him do all of Arizona Fall League.

You ought to have come to more of the Scorpions' home games at Scottsdale Stadium. Harper signed for quite a long time down at the end of the dugout after every one that I attended. I strolled down there after one game and didn't have to work at all to get him to sign a ball for me - a nice signature, on the sweet spot. I just wish I'd have had the foresight - as one guy did - to hang out on the grass beyond the left field fence that night he hit his first professional home run. That money would come in handy right now.

dcgreg25
07-14-2011, 08:52 AM
Let's try to keep this on topic which is the auction for the game used hat. There have already been multiple threads regarding people's opinion of Harper and some of the comments on here have wandered towards baiting. I appreciate people feel strongly about Harper one way or the other but this is a Game Used Memorabilia Forum so lets discuss the item in that context. Any further comments not directly discussing the item up for auction will be deleted. Thanks!

justinbittner220
07-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Is anyone on guu willing to admit that they are interested in bidding on any of the Harper gu stuff being auctioned off on mlb.com?

Manram
07-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Is anyone on guu willing to admit that they are interested in bidding on any of the Harper gu stuff being auctioned off on mlb.com?

I would like something, but wouldn't pay near what his stuff is going for. It's kind of crazy how much his stuff goes for

kprst6
07-14-2011, 03:30 PM

I'm going to win the helmet regardless of price!!! J/K. but it only takes 2 people with this type of attitude to jack up the prices on an item past an appraised value.

freddiefreeman5
07-15-2011, 03:49 AM
Way to high for me. I try to be careful of how much I spend on unproven prospects. He may be great one day but I don't have a crystal ball to tell me.

BaseballGM
07-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Yes, i would bid on his gu stuff. But, I know that eventually, Mr. Lang will have some goodies down the road of this future Nationals superstar.