PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Game Used Andrew McCutchen Bat sold on ebay

hrvatwill
07-12-2011, 07:01 PM
I hope whoever bought this bat did their homework. I was going to make an offer but decided to check the MLB Authentication database beforehand. Glad I did, because it says that the bat was being used by Garrett Jones when it was broken. For me, that impacted its value.

This is not to say that McCutchen never used it, but in the interest of full disclosure, I think this should have been included in the auction description.

I wrote to the seller and informed him of such but the description was not revised, however it's possible that the bat was purchased before he received my email.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150631287120&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Shipp_96
07-12-2011, 08:24 PM
It's funny you say that, because before (or maybe during) having it on ebay, the seller wrote me about it, and I respectfully turned him down for that very reason.

tbone90
07-13-2011, 11:55 AM
I passed on it as well for that very reason after checking the MLB holo. The mention of its use by Garrett Jones should have been made somewhere in that description, even if briefly. Seems like a very deceptive play by this seller.

I just hope this bat doesn't resurface as a high dollar Andrew McCutchen gamer without the MLB holo somewhere down the line.