PDA

View Full Version : Why?

cubbs1232
07-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Just wondering why people continue to make new threads about topics that there are already threads about! Is it cause youre trying to get your "thread count" up? Or you dont use the search feature and realize theres already 10 threads of the same topic.

All you are doing is cluttering up the site. Sorry is this makes anyone mad but i get tired of reading thru the same topics and seing the same item posted 10 different ways.

CampWest
07-11-2011, 12:30 PM
I think we have too many threads complaining about other peoples threads, posting habits, picture usage, etc.

:D ;) :cool:

cubbs1232
07-11-2011, 01:17 PM
:D wow that took longer for that response than i thought:D

CampWest
07-11-2011, 02:06 PM
:D wow that took longer for that response than i thought:D

Sorry I didn't get to it sooner, but its been a really busy day... :p

frikativ54
07-11-2011, 02:24 PM
It should go without saying by now. If you don't like it, don't read it.

freddiefreeman5
07-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Your forum, your rules...............oh wait.

cubbs1232
07-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Your forum, your rules...............oh wait.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD READ THE RULES....THIS IS NUMBER 6
"No Duplicate Posting. Please do not double post or cross-post your message or question to more than one forum. If a post needs to be moved alert the site administrator. You will not post for the sake of increasing your post count or hack count."

cubbs1232
07-11-2011, 04:26 PM
It should go without saying by now. If you don't like it, don't read it.

I try to expand my knowledge on things and items i dont know much about. So if i click on a thread with one title than click on another thread with a different title and low and behold its the same thing just worded different, than yea it starts getting annoying.

freddiefreeman5
07-11-2011, 07:25 PM
MAYBE YOU SHOULD READ THE RULES....THIS IS NUMBER 6
"No Duplicate Posting. Please do not double post or cross-post your message or question to more than one forum. If a post needs to be moved alert the site administrator. You will not post for the sake of increasing your post count or hack count."

Yes Sir! Will not happen again, Sir!

coxfan
07-11-2011, 07:33 PM
The Forum needs to be friendly to new people who may be posting for the first time. It makes sense to be flexible with them regarding past posts and topics that thry know nothing about because they're new. ( And similarly, they may not about the "search" function.)

Also, some topics may partially overlap with others, but still differ in some way. What you see as the same thing might look like a somewhat diffrent issue to the next person.

Does anybody count their posts? Why would anybody care?

dcgreg25
07-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Cubbs makes a valid point that it would help keep the forum better organized if people used the search function instead of "reinventing the wheel" with new threads. That being said, there is a significant amount of turnover in the forum and sometimes new threads on similar subjects bring to light new information. For long-time members as well as new members it is something to consider when starting a thread.

The "No Duplicate Posting" rule is meant to prevent people from posting the exact same question/post in multiple forums clogging the forum.

I am going to go ahead and close the thread before it gets off track. If anyone has anything insightful they would like to add, feel free to email me and I would be happy to add it to the thread. Thanks.