PDA

View Full Version : oakland uniforms

momen55
07-10-2011, 05:55 PM
anyone know what has happened to these unis as well as all the A's throwbacks? i see nothing on the market and that bothers me as it seems like they only sell them to locals and i would like to own a few items.

staindsox
07-10-2011, 06:58 PM
I heard the 68 home jerseys were sold at silent auctions during home games. I never saw the 39 Oaks road jerseys. Seattle ordered them, but said they didn't have them after the game...and Oakland said they didn't have them either.

momen55
07-10-2011, 07:18 PM
for a good 4 years i have been trying to get some of these items to but no avail. people must be hoarding them as i have not seen anything. i had called the A's and spoke to someone about wanting a helmet, but i was in florida and couldn't bid. he told me no problem that he would get me one.

well, he told me he would get back to me when he had one but never did. i called back several times and no one would talk to me regarding the unis.

jetersbatboy
07-10-2011, 07:27 PM
I also called and spoke a women about them, but she said they sold some of uni's during silent auctions and fanfest. I was also told to watch MLB auctions as some would be coming up to bid, never happened! That was over a year ago.

Man, if a Kurt Suzuki ever came up for sale, I'd pay very well!!

momen55
07-10-2011, 07:30 PM
doesn't seem like anyone here knows anything about them. i know there are some that live out that way. i live i florida so my chances are nil to get anything.
i reallylike those yellow helmets! :(

MarinersFan34
07-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Yea, pretty much what has been said already is what I know too.

I inquired about the Oaks ones after the game and was told they were going to Oakland and to this day I have not seen any Oaks unis for sale/auction by the M's. So who actually has them is a good question.

I did pick up an Oaks Batting helmet though, that is the only thing I've seen the M's sell, they had a couple and none were used.

They did auction off some of the Rainiers uniforms as I was able to get a complete (Jersey,Pants,Hat) coaches uniform from a Silent Auction. I haven't seen any for quite awhile now so I don't know if they have any left. You never know what they can dig up for their auction days.

Danny899
07-12-2011, 11:57 PM
I had a Oakland Oakd rode flannel jersey of Rickey Henderson.

sox83cubs84
07-13-2011, 04:17 PM
I had a Oakland Oakd rode flannel jersey of Rickey Henderson.

That was likely from the 1994 Bay Series preseason games between the A's and the Giants. Each team wore a retro PCL jersey based on the Oaks (A's) and Seals (Giants). Home and roads were made and, except for the Oakland Oaks/A's roads, were worn just once, with one game in Oakalnd and one in San Francisco. The Oakland roads were used a second time in a PCL-themed game with the Seattle Mariners (Rainiers) at the Kingdome during the 1994 season. Nearly all of these made it into circulation through the late Dick Dobbins, who sold the homes and roads from both teams.

Dave Miedema