PDA

View Full Version : No Bickering On This Thread, Please!

sox83cubs84
07-09-2011, 04:45 PM
The only thing I will mention is that, for the Friday night A's-Rangers game, both teams wore black ribbons on their jerseys to remember the fan who died (firefighter Shannon Stone).

Dave Miedema

brewcrew
07-09-2011, 05:13 PM
I've found the entire incident incredibly upsetting, both as a fan and as a paranoid mother. Every time something like this happens at a sporting event it really sticks with me for some reason (remember when the two year old died after falling at the Staples Center?).

I've already told my husband that now that we have a small, feisty daughter, we are always sitting on the lower level at sporting events. Call it overreaction, being overprotective, or just wanting the good seats (LOL), but it's just not worth it.

My condolences to Mr. Stone's family. I hope Josh Hamilton can also find a way to work through this tragedy. I think the Rangers and Nolan Ryan have handled it about as well as can be expected given the circumstances.

TNTtoys
07-09-2011, 10:15 PM
I hope Josh Hamilton can also find a way to work through this tragedy

If tonight's performance were any indication to how he will work through this tragedy, one can safely say he's well on his way... 4 for 5 with 2 doubles, and a walk-off 2-run homer in the bottom of the ninth! Wow.

Fnazxc0114
07-09-2011, 10:52 PM
it was a tragic accident. Having sat in the first row out there many times i could see how something could happen. If you are tall it wouldnt take much to lose your balance. The event has weighed heavy on my mind all weekend. Some of my greatest memories growing up involved being at the old ballpark in arlington. It is a shame that shannon stones son will not have thos same memories. This event if anything should show us all how fragile life realy is. It was a horrible accident, that could of happened to any of us in any situation in life.

camarokids
07-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Th poor little kid will have nightmares for the rest of his life about this incident!

He may have a hard time going to a baseball game ever again or even watching a game on TV.