PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all-but thats enough for joba

jobathenut
07-09-2011, 04:38 AM
I just wanted to say its been a pleasure being a member on this forum for the past 4 years.But i think its time to say goodbye.I can take the hate i get on posts (usually about my typing skills and grammer).But to be threaten just makes this forum not fun anymore.I have made some great friends on here and will never forget those friends.And i will stay in touch by email with you.But i am done as far as posting on here.I cant be a member on a forum where i fear for my safety because i may not have the popular opinon.So this will be my last post.I know most dont care, and i go to the waist side along with other members like "skyking".But to those who care,this has been a great forum for me and so its sad for me to leave it.I just wanted to post this so those friends i mentioned don't worry and wonder what happen to me.I just could'nt take the risk of something happening to me or my family....Its been a honor-Good bye

camarokids
07-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Sorry to see you go! My email is below!

Shipp_96
07-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Well, I have to say that is unfortunate. Most of us come on here to escape the stress and pressures of our daily lives, and use this forum as a means to relax, read about others that share our passions, and admire or show off collections. That is what it is for, broken down quite simply.

Whether or not you liked Joba, I always respected he had an opinion, and that he stood by his convictions. There is something to be said for that. Take care.

mickeymbz
07-09-2011, 11:38 AM
wow! there is indeed a atmosphere of aloofness,standoffish and condescension among certain sr members.. but ive never seen threatning posts before...not to say it didnt happen. But unfortunate a member has to leave this site due to such behavior. you would think the harassing posts would be monitored and addressed. i never knew you Joba, but sorry to see you go. im sure a majority of members would welcome you back

Lokee
07-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Another member down. I am starting to see a pattern.

Peace Joba you nut :)

ChrisCavalier
07-09-2011, 01:12 PM
wow! there is indeed a atmosphere of aloofness,standoffish and condescension among certain sr members.. but ive never seen threatning posts before...not to say it didnt happen. But unfortunate a member has to leave this site due to such behavior. you would think the harassing posts would be monitored and addressed. i never knew you Joba, but sorry to see you go. im sure a majority of members would welcome you back
Hello Mickey,

I believe this is the thread Joba is referencing:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=44575&page=4

As you will see, we took quick and immediate action. While we cannot control if he chooses to leave, I think it is fair to say the posts were monitored and addressed.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Chris

commando
07-09-2011, 01:54 PM
I don't have a problem with Joba or any other member here, but if you create a post and write "I know this might be coldhearted but i don't care...." you should be ready for a debate. I didn't threaten Joba in any way (and I hope no one else did either). As you can see, I ended our exchange with a good night and no hard feelings, because I do believe Joba and I share many beliefs. That's how it should be; Have a little back-and-forth on the subject at hand, then move on after it runs its course.

I didn't have to reply to Joba's post, but I decided to play devil's advocate and see where it went. At the end of the day, it's not worth losing fellow members when we deviate from the subject of sports memorabilia, so I'll keep my future posts strictly on those kinds of topics.

R. C. Walker
07-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Why must individuals be so dramatic in leaving a forum? Just curious.

sox83cubs84
07-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Joba:

Keep in touch with me, as well. Sad to see you leave, but I don't blame you. You're not the first person who's left GUU because they're tired of being a target, and, sad to say, I don't think you'll be the last. I don't plan on doing it, but there have been times where I've thought about it after being hit with cheap shots from 2 or 3 specific GUU members.

Dave Miedema
sox83cubs84@hotmail.com

Danny899
07-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Why must individuals be so dramatic in leaving a forum? Just curious.

Hey, it happens quite often on this forum. People take things too seriously. What also happens quite often here is after the drama filled exit of a member like you mention, they wind up still posting anyway!

Billy77
07-09-2011, 10:16 PM
see ya.....

Shipp_96
07-10-2011, 04:39 PM
What also happens quite often here is after the drama filled exit of a member like you mention, they wind up still posting anyway!

So, then they are like Brett Favre :p?

CollectGU
07-10-2011, 07:45 PM
.I can take the hate i get on posts (usually about my typing skills and grammer) and i go to the waist side

Oh The irony!!....

Danny899
07-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Oh The irony!!....

Oh, how about the hypocrisy also. It shows such a pretense of having a virtuous character that he does not really possess. It was a tragic accident that occurred in Texas, one that could have happened to anyone. And for the coldhearted and ignorant remarks made here, why would anyone be surprised that it opened a debate? Once it apparently became personal, the moderators took the appropriate action in ceasing it. If you want to take your ball and go home, thats your choice, but please spare the rest of us your beraved farewell speeches, and stay gone.