PDA

View Full Version : To The Person That Works At Louisville Slugger!

Reid9843
07-08-2011, 09:01 PM
I have a game used brian mccann bat that I bought recently and I was curious about why the M9 decal wasnt on there, the guy I bought it from, bought it at the braves chairty store at turner field. If you could tell me if the decal didnt come with the bat or your opinion on it, would also like some info about the bat. email me at reid_southerland@hotmail.com. thanks.

You can view the pictures of the bat at http://reidsgameusedmemorabilia.webs.com/

emann
07-08-2011, 09:16 PM
I don't work for Louisville Slugger, but I can tell you that sometimes player's peel that label off when they're bored. Not unusual.

Reid9843
07-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Yea, well idk Im trying to photo match it and i cant find the picture of it without the M9 sticker

BMH
07-08-2011, 09:43 PM
We did not ship bats to Brian McCann without a Center Brand decal on the bat. As it's been stated players get bored and have a lot of time on their hands so they will peel the stickers off their bats. I don't believe this was the case though, so it's funny story time...

I can't remember the exact date, most likely ST of 2010 I got a message from our head rep that McCann's having issues with his bats. Something about the bats being "lopsided". I figure he meant warped so I told him to have the bats shipped back and I'd take a look at them.

A week later I have a dozen Mc67's and can't find anything wrong with them. Chuck had talked with Brian and had seen what he was talking about. If you take the bat and look down straight down the taper of the bat while holding it in front of you it looks like one side is shaped different than the other. Brian had suggested that our lathe was taking off too much material from one side of the billet. Chuck even said he can see it. I did my best not to scream at either one of them. Lathe's only cut from one side on a spinning object so it is impossible for it to take off more on one side than the other. What was happening is an optical illusion. Your eyes are spaced apart so looking at an extremely tapered object like a Mc67 will cause you to see one side is shaped different than the other in the taper area. I took all the decals off the bats and had Chuck look at the bat. He said it was more tapered on the left side of the bat. I told him to rotate the bat 180 degrees and tell me which side was lopsided, he said the left side. Since we rotated the bat, it should now be on the right side.

The moral of the story is I spent almost a full day trying to prove the bats were fine. I believe we put new decals on the bats and sent them back. I'm sure he must have taken them off at some point. He did say he will look at his bats for hours before a game.

Reid9843
07-08-2011, 09:46 PM
i mean how would i photomatch it now without the stickers?

R. C. Walker
07-08-2011, 10:28 PM
i mean how would i photomatch it now without the stickers?

Find a photo without the stickers.

Reid9843
07-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Tried, couldnt find anything.

camarokids
07-08-2011, 10:45 PM
What is the date stamped on the knob? Do u subscribe to MLB.com? If so check all of his at bats starting a week or two after the stamped date.

If BMH tells you its ok, u have nothing to worry about.

Reid9843
07-08-2011, 10:55 PM
well the date on the knob is 6/3/2009 and i dont have mlb tv. im not worried bout it not being real, i just really want it photomatched.

Texstros
07-08-2011, 11:22 PM
If you want it photomatched - you need to subscribe to mlb.com & watch his at every bat. Getty images does not have his at every bat. It's going to to take some time so roll up your sleeves & get to work.

camarokids
07-09-2011, 11:07 AM
well the date on the knob is 6/3/2009 and i dont have mlb tv. im not worried bout it not being real, i just really want it photomatched.

I bet if u offered Kyle Hess a modest fee he will do it for you. He is a young kid who has these modern technologies mastered!

Danny899
07-10-2011, 03:50 PM

Danny899
07-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Yea, well idk Im trying to photo match it and i cant find the picture of it without the M9 sticker
Kyle Hess can be real helpful from what I read hear.