PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again in texas

jobathenut
07-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Another fan in texas fell out of the stands....Is the team that bad?-:rolleyes: So i guess here we go again ,as last season when it happen, everyone will be blaming everyone and everything besides the idiot who risked his own life for a $10 baseball....

otismalibu
07-07-2011, 09:59 PM
If he maintained possession, Jerry Jones may offer him a contract.

Canseco44
07-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Have you seen the Astros play lately?! At a couple of games this year I've been tempted to jump from the upper deck! Lol It has gotten bad here, but we've been there before. Lol

Todd

jobathenut
07-07-2011, 10:37 PM
I just read that the fan has passed away..Very sad indeed,all for a baseball....Life is precious people,think before you do...

frikativ54
07-07-2011, 10:45 PM
I just read that the fan has passed away..Very sad indeed,all for a baseball....Life is precious people,think before you do...

That's very sad. My thoughts are with his family. It couldn't have been in Houston, as the Astros are on the road.

:(

OaklandAsFan
07-07-2011, 10:51 PM
they never opened up the Rangers cluhouse to media after the game and the A's clubhouse was opened up late and the A's beat reported said that many of them were teary after hearing the news. He apparently landed close to the A's bullpen. Brad Ziegler said he was conscious when carted away and was asking officials to watch after his young kid.

Sad.......

OaklandAsFan
07-07-2011, 10:55 PM
apparently the guy fell reaching for a ball that was thrown into the stands by Josh Hamilton. Man thats gotta suck big time for Josh

slambam
07-07-2011, 11:00 PM
Wow, that's terrible. The really weird thing is I believe the fan that fell last year also fell on July 7th. Sounds like a bad day to watch the Rangers play.

slambam
07-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Heres the video showing the guy go down for those who want to watch...

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2011/7/7/2265223/rangers-fan-falling-stands-foul-ball-video

jppopma
07-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Just heartbreaking especially if that is his kid in the video. Shows just how precious life can be, and how quick things can go bad.

I've seen people from the smallest of crashes or fall pass away, while others survive and walk away from horrific crashes.

My heart goes out to the kid and his family.

freddiefreeman5
07-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Feel awful for the son having to watch his dad fall. I also heard that his wife is pregnant. Not sure if the later is true or not.

Time to put some catwalks or some kind of wire netting over those open spaces like that. A simple thing that could have saved his life.

happyyoungster
07-08-2011, 09:14 AM
My heart breaks for the young son.
Words cannot explain...

Lokee
07-08-2011, 10:52 AM
RIP Shannon Stone

momen55
07-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Time to put some catwalks or some kind of wire netting over those open spaces like that. A simple thing that could have saved his life.[/quote]

it is not the team's fault he fell. he assumed the risk going after the ball and unfortunately that happened.

freddiefreeman5
07-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Time to put some catwalks or some kind of wire netting over those open spaces like that. A simple thing that could have saved his life.

it is not the team's fault he fell. he assumed the risk going after the ball and unfortunately that happened.[/quote]
I NEVER said it was the teams fault. He took the risk, he fell.

But, hidsight being 20/20, I bet the Rangers wish they had put something up beforehand.

jobathenut
07-08-2011, 05:16 PM
How about taking some respondsibilty for your OWN actions...I know this might be coldhearted but i don't care.I am sick of people blaming the stadium and sport when thigns like this happen.Be aware of your surroundings.All i know this would NEVER happen to me.Why,because i am aware of my surroundings.I would'bnt go after a ball tossed to me if i see if something goes wrong and i fall its a 20 feet drop.Again i am sorry to offend,but its this guys fault plain and simple.Yes,it's terrible it happen,but he only has himself to blame....So a simple thing that could have saved his life,is not up to the stadium or the league.Its THINKING before doing....Thats a simple thing that could have saved his life.Again i am sure i will get trashed on here for being so cold,but tired of people not taking account for thier own actions
Feel awful for the son having to watch his dad fall. I also heard that his wife is pregnant. Not sure if the later is true or not.

commando
07-08-2011, 06:05 PM
How about taking some respondsibilty for your OWN actions...I know this might be coldhearted but i don't care.I am sick of people blaming the stadium and sport when thigns like this happen.Be aware of your surroundings.All i know this would NEVER happen to me.Why,because i am aware of my surroundings.I would'bnt go after a ball tossed to me if i see if something goes wrong and i fall its a 20 feet drop.Again i am sorry to offend,but its this guys fault plain and simple.Yes,it's terrible it happen,but he only has himself to blame....So a simple thing that could have saved his life,is not up to the stadium or the league.Its THINKING before doing....Thats a simple thing that could have saved his life.Again i am sure i will get trashed on here for being so cold,but tired of people not taking account for thier own actions

I agree with the basics of what you are saying, but if you look at the video, it looks to me like his feet just get swept from under him as he leaned over the low railing. Sure, he probably leaned over a little too far, but nothing so flagrant or reckless as to justify his death. No, the team isn't to blame here. But if you've been driving for any length of time, you've probably made mistakes that could have killed you or someone else if the environment had been slightly different.

jppopma
07-08-2011, 06:38 PM

Joba, that is beyond cold! I am not one to blame the stadium or anybody else, but at the same time just don't follow your post. By saying you are aware of your surroundings and actions, do you mean to say that you have never slipped, never tripped, ever bumped your head on something, or as Commando said never been in a car accident???? Have you ever taken any risk at all?

The only reason that I took offense to this is my work in law enforcement. Every day we take risks, try to be aware of our surroundings, think of as many scenarios as possible....but you know what, we still die and still get killed. I'm sure the same is said when one of my brothers gets killed.

What it all comes down to is that when it's your time, it's your time. People die in the oddest of ways. Sometimes they are totally aware of their surroundings, using all due caution, and even that is not enough.

I agree on the stop putting blame on people....but man, everything else was stretching it a bit too far. Stay safe!

freddiefreeman5
07-08-2011, 08:56 PM
joba,
I will post this again for you.

I NEVER said it was the teams fault. He took the risk, he fell.

But, hidsight being 20/20, I bet the Rangers wish they had put something up beforehand.

And yes you do sound cold hearted.

both-teams-played-hard
07-08-2011, 09:57 PM
I know this might be coldhearted but i don't care.

Easy, tough-guy.

commando
07-08-2011, 10:43 PM

Another thing. The deceased was a 39 year-old firefighter, and there's no telling how many lives HE saved. Apparently, you think he's a candidate for the Darwin Award, but I will respectfully disagree.

jobathenut
07-08-2011, 11:19 PM
The examples you and commando gave are not even the same thing that i am saying.Its about at a baseball game.Dont put yourself in harms way and you dont get harmed.Its pretty simple what my point was.I dont feel sorry for someone who put getting a baseball over his own life.Like i said,i am aware of my suroundings.If i look down and see if i fall i will fall 20 feet then i dont rish it by reaching for a baseball.I thought i explained my point of view pretty clear.A car accident or any other kind of accident has nothing to do with this or what i am saying.I have never slipped,fallen or bumped my head on anything.No, i dont take any risk,i appreciate life too much to take any.Its funny that you make that sound like a bad thing.
Joba, that is beyond cold! I am not one to blame the stadium or anybody else, but at the same time just don't follow your post. By saying you are aware of your surroundings and actions, do you mean to say that you have never slipped, never tripped, ever bumped your head on something, or as Commando said never been in a car accident???? Have you ever taken any risk at all?

The only reason that I took offense to this is my work in law enforcement. Every day we take risks, try to be aware of our surroundings, think of as many scenarios as possible....but you know what, we still die and still get killed. I'm sure the same is said when one of my brothers gets killed.

What it all comes down to is that when it's your time, it's your time. People die in the oddest of ways. Sometimes they are totally aware of their surroundings, using all due caution, and even that is not enough.

I agree on the stop putting blame on people....but man, everything else was stretching it a bit too far. Stay safe!

jobathenut
07-08-2011, 11:25 PM
I am not sure what he did for a living has do with anything.So his life had more value then say my dad's who worked at a factory for 60 years from dawn to duck,but because he never saved a life he doesnt matter as much as this guy did.But i guess just like the fact that his kid was there and his wife is pregant means more than if it was a single kid who was just going after a baseball.To me any life is precious,and you shoudl treat it as such.And with all these things this guy had to live for.He should have thought of that before going after a $10 baseball.Alright i am done with this.
Another thing. The deceased was a 39 year-old firefighter, and there's no telling how many lives HE saved. Apparently, you think he's a candidate for the Darwin Award, but I will respectfully disagree.

jobathenut
07-08-2011, 11:29 PM
:confused:
Easy, tough-guy.

commando
07-09-2011, 12:17 AM
I am not sure what he did for a living has do with anything.So his life had more value then say my dad's who worked at a factory for 60 years from dawn to duck,but because he never saved a life he doesnt matter as much as this guy did.But i guess just like the fact that his kid was there and his wife is pregant means more than if it was a single kid who was just going after a baseball.To me any life is precious,and you shoudl treat it as such.And with all these things this guy had to live for.He should have thought of that before going after a $10 baseball.Alright i am done with this.

THE GUY REACHED OVER A RAILING AND HIS FEET SLIPPED FROM UNDER HIM. GOOD F'ING GOD, MAN. WHAT WAS THERE FOR HIM TO THINK ABOUT? AND AS A MATTER OF FACT, YES. THE GUY'S LIFE PROBABLY DID HAVE MORE VALUE THAN YOUR DAD'S, SINCE WE'RE GIVING OPINIONS HERE.

jobathenut
07-09-2011, 12:22 AM
Way to get personal,nice.....But if you actually think, and not get so upset (nice capitals by the way) you would understand what i am saying.What was there to think about?.Well let's see,look down and see its a 20 foot drop if i go over the railing.I dont understand why thats so hard to understand.I mean i do when i at ballparks....Thanks for the personal attack on me,i appreciate that.
THE GUY REACHED OVER A RAILING AND HIS FEET SLIPPED FROM UNDER HIM. GOOD F'ING GOD, MAN. WHAT WAS THERE FOR HIM TO THINK ABOUT? AND AS A MATTER OF FACT, YES. THE GUY'S LIFE PROBABLY DID HAVE MORE VALUE THAN YOUR DAD'S, SINCE WE'RE GIVING OPINIONS HERE.

both-teams-played-hard
07-09-2011, 12:24 AM
...from dawn to duck...

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9509/sunriseduck600.jpg
Typos are a bitch.

jobathenut
07-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Thats funny,yeah there is no edit feature,so i had to run with it....Very funny both teams-:) you got me good.....
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9509/sunriseduck600.jpg
Typos are a bitch.

commando
07-09-2011, 12:33 AM
Way to get personal,nice.....But if you actually think, and not get so upset (nice capitals by the way) you would understand what i am saying.What was there to think about?.Well let's see,look down and see its a 20 foot drop if i go over the railing.I dont understand why thats so hard to understand.I mean i do when i at ballparks....Thanks for the personal attack on me,i appreciate that.

Yes, I always type in caps, as you can see in any of my other hundreds of posts. Personal attack on you? Whatever, dude ("dude" being a slang term for "mister" or "sir"). By the way, don't bring your family into a discussion -- a golden rule of debate -- it's a door you chose to open and its simply not wise.

But I apologize. We share many beliefs, but I think over the past 20 years I have learned through my work in both the military and law enforcement that most things are not strictly black or white. I'm not sure how old you are (I'm almost 40), but as time goes on, you'll see what I'm talking about. I learn this myself more and more every day.

My apologies to everyone else reading this.

jobathenut
07-09-2011, 12:43 AM
I am sorry i see things in this case as black and white.Its not like someone pushed him.He made a chiose to risk it all and the cost was alot.And to me not worth it at all-obviously.And i dont look at what we do for a living factor into anything.Like i said every life is precious.And i see no more importance then someone who decides to make a living in the military or bags grocerys for a living.....I am sorry you decided to take the door and attack the memorey of my father.Its a door i would never and have never taken.But then thats just me,i can have a debate without getting personal.I live by one simple rule,don't put yourself in harms way,and you won't get harmed.And this case is a perfect example of this.Don't reach out for a baseball knowing if you happen to lose your balance and fall over railing it could end badly for you.I have said many times on this thread and noone seems to get my point of view.But i expected that as i tend to be that way.And not that age matters but you are a youngster compared to me.I am a old man and i guess set in his ways of thinking.Not always the most popular way but as i said i am used to it....
Yes, I always type in caps, as you can see in any of my other hundreds of posts. Personal attack on you? Whatever, dude ("dude" being a slang term for "mister" or "sir"). By the way, don't bring your family into a discussion -- a golden rule of debate -- it's a door you chose to open and its simply not wise.

But I apologize. We share many beliefs, but I think over the past 20 years I have learned through my work in both the military and law enforcement that most things are not strictly black or white. I'm not sure how old you are (I'm almost 40), but as time goes on, you'll see what I'm talking about. I learn this myself more and more every day.

My apologies to everyone else reading this.

jobathenut
07-09-2011, 12:46 AM
And also way too old to be called "dude"

commando
07-09-2011, 12:59 AM
And also way too old to be called "dude"

Hahaha.... You got it, my friend. Have a good weekend.

ChrisCavalier
07-09-2011, 01:12 AM
Hello Folks,

While it seems there are some differences of opinions in this thread, I am going to ask that we please put them aside at this point. At the end of the day, this is a tragic situation that I'm sure we all wish never happened. It is something that came so unexpectedly and I don't think there is much value at this point trying to figure out who is more to blame. I also think we can all agree this reminds us how precious life is and maybe it will enable us treat the time we have here with greater value.

If anything, it seems logical to try to learn from this so hopefully things might be done to prevent things like this from happening again. From the stadiums possibly adding safety features and to people maybe having a better understanding of the risks of reaching over rails, etc. I know in the heat of the moment we tend to do what seems natural (like reaching for a ball). However, the more people become aware of the possible outcomes, maybe they will instinctively refrain from taking risks they might otherwise feel compelled to do if they weren't aware of outcomes like this one.

Thanks in advance for not making this thread personal and I hope we can all join in prayer for this man's family.

Sincerely,
Chris

ChrisCavalier
07-09-2011, 06:27 AM
Unfortunately, it appears my request to not make this personal was disregarded. Therefore, I deleted the posts and am locking this thread. There will also be administrative action taken given the blantant disregard by some to break the rules and personal attack someone right after I requested that it not be done.

My request was not a complicated one and I'm sorry some could not follow the request to adhere to the forum rules.

Sincerely,
Chris