PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Contact - Reds

philsfan
07-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Does anyone know if the Reds have a game used department? If so, do you have a contact that you can pass along? Thanks in advance.

dplettn
07-08-2011, 09:26 AM
The Reds as an organization have been providing Game Used items directly into the retail marketplace for decades. I think it most courteous to convey the current state of distribution (and your potential paths to attain whatever you are looking for) without saying anything that could be interpreted as less than flattering on the message board.

plettner@fuse.net

Best of luck in your endeavors.

camarokids
07-08-2011, 09:41 AM
You can call the Reds Team Store or go there. Be prepared for some crazy prices!!!

$750.00 for a Votto bat
$400.00 for a Rolen bat
$150.00 was the cheapest bat they had!
$200.00 for batting helmets, with nigh numbers from spring training!

It was very disappointing! One cool thing, as you walk up up the steps, they greet u by saying "Welcome to Game Used"!

One of the interns, she is hot, said about the high prices "were a better team this year". Here is pic of her back side, sweet long dark hair too!!

philsfan
07-08-2011, 10:05 AM
You can call the Reds Team Store or go there. Be prepared for some crazy prices!!!

$750.00 for a Votto bat
$400.00 for a Rolen bat

It was very disappointing! One cool thing, as you walk up up the steps, they greet u by saying "Welcome to Game Used"!

One of the interns, she is hot, said about the high prices "were a better team this year". Here is pic of her back side, sweet long dark hair too!!

Very helpful information. Thank you so much!

AWA85
07-08-2011, 03:13 PM

$750.00 for a Votto bat
$400.00 for a Rolen bat

Is the lady in red complaining that the game used items shouldn't be in direct sunlight?!?!?! :eek:

dplettn
07-09-2011, 01:20 PM
In defense of the "lady in red", she comes across as a nice human being.

Personally, I've not had much luck browsing the floor though. That's not to say that nobody does, the ball below would have been bought at the shop for $25 from what I understand:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-Robinson-Cano-Game-Used-Baseball-Double-Yankees-/270775715663?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f0b7d874f

Last year after Redsfest I discussed with the Reds' Director of Business Development what seems to be a shared frustration of many Reds collectors... not being able to get reasonably priced items because basically whatever reseller would get there 1st would always buy everything desirable and reprice it to their liking.

It sadly has been is worth the resellers' time to go in there everyday because whatever is reasonably priced, they can buy it all and seek to themselves profit and make up for all the time and cost of transit.

The resellers regular practice doing this has sadly made it very unlikely for non-resellers to ever get lucky. Are there solutions? Of course...

sox83cubs84
07-09-2011, 04:10 PM
Back in the early 1990s, when both Chicago teams had stores with game-used items, the Cubs limited jerseys to 4 per person every 30 days (each store kept a record), while the White Sox, intially, kept it a 2 per person per visit and 6 every 90 days.

Dave Miedema

camarokids
07-09-2011, 04:16 PM
The lady in the red shirt was very nice.

rdeversole
07-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah - she is very nice and welcoming. Yup, I purchased that ball for $25 plus tax. It was a steal of a price and I wish I could keep it in my collection, but since I purchased a $500 Jonny Gomes jersey at the same time (which most of us would agree isn't a steal by any means) I needed to offset that cost. It will probably sell around $100-125 and offset my cost by a mere $75.

Yes - I am worried about how to get items into my collection, just as you are, and just as the next guy is - I just happen to be pretty active and creative in how I'm building mine. I can't just go to work, earn my money, pay my bills, and then spend a ton of extra money on my collection every month without trying to make it work financially now can I?

Since you are a Reds collector and they evidentally won't listen to your ideas then you just need to adapt to accomplish what you set out to accomplish. Its what I am doing. Now is what you set out to accomplish actually building a collection or just causing trouble?

dplettn
07-09-2011, 10:17 PM
I'm not sure what you mean about what you think I'm setting out to accomplish. I can't accomplish anything, nor am I so disillusioned to think otherwise. Its not somebody who knows solutions who solves problems, its somebody who chooses find and execute the solutions because they strive for a certain ideal. The Reds Organization makes decisions as to what it prioritizes. I accept that and I tend to view everything as glass half full to the extent I possibly can.

What I think we can agree on is that you are doing your buying with the house's money. You'll probably bid the house's money and win the MLB auction for the Drew Stubbs in the park homerun ball. It will (in essence) be "free" to you... paid for by other items for which you bought to reprice for the end owner.

My best guess from a markets perspective is that your buy-to-reprice strategy will motive the Reds to continue raising prices on more and more items (pants, balls, name plates, etc... just as they already did with jerseys and bats). Better the $ goes to the Reds Community Fund, no?

jshortt
07-10-2011, 01:48 AM
There's a whole lot of funny going on in this thread...just sayin'.

-J

yankees506
07-10-2011, 09:09 AM
I dont think anyone intended to start trouble, i collect cano as everyone knows and if this was happening to me id be frustrated as well. I think dpl was basically stating the point of collector vs. reseller, venting his frustration at his inability to obtain items from the reds shop for his personal collection because people are buying them in order to "flip" them. Ryans auction happened to be an example of just such, i dont mind people making a buck or selling items to fun their own collection but charging 10x what you paid for an item usually leads to you being seen in a negative light.

justinwc80
07-11-2011, 09:04 PM
There's a whole lot of funny going on in this thread...just sayin'.

-J

+1

justinwc80
07-11-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm not sure what you mean about what you think I'm setting out to accomplish. I can't accomplish anything, nor am I so disillusioned to think otherwise. Its not somebody who knows solutions who solves problems, its somebody who chooses find and execute the solutions because they strive for a certain ideal. The Reds Organization makes decisions as to what it prioritizes. I accept that and I tend to view everything as glass half full to the extent I possibly can.

What I think we can agree on is that you are doing your buying with the house's money. You'll probably bid the house's money and win the MLB auction for the Drew Stubbs in the park homerun ball. It will (in essence) be "free" to you... paid for by other items for which you bought to reprice for the end owner.

My best guess from a markets perspective is that your buy-to-reprice strategy will motive the Reds to continue raising prices on more and more items (pants, balls, name plates, etc... just as they already did with jerseys and bats). Better the $ goes to the Reds Community Fund, no?

haha meant to +1 this one, talked to Dan and have to agree with his thoughts on this one, things have changed quite a bit and not for the fair to actual collectors

Redsman20
07-20-2011, 09:40 PM

$750.00 for a Votto bat
$400.00 for a Rolen bat

Wow ...no wonder you guys are buying these great Reds items overpriced...I'd buy a Corey Patterson jersey from her for $ 1,000 ... did you get her card Adam? I'm looking for a new gf