PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Mike Schultz A.K.A kobe08

SkubeBats
07-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Hello,
I just want to let everyone know that the known con artist Mike Schultz is back at it once again. He is now going by the username kobe08 on here. He use to go by the username basketballbones but was banned for some of his comments on here. So I want to know how he can be on here once again as a member and nothing has been done about it. I know for a fact that Chris Cavalier has been emailled about this on more then one occasion and Mike is still on here as a member. He is still trying to sell his fake items to members on here. If you get a email from Mike Schultz (basketballbones@juno.com) don't answer it save yourself from doing buisness with this bum. Here is a list of Mike's past EBAY user names "brewcrew82_1, gamerbats7110, manica71, brewers 1994, and mes19712010. You also can do a search on this site using his usernames and you will find out plenty of stuff about Mike Schultz. If you have any questions or comments please email me.

frikativ54
07-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Thanks for alerting the GUU community. He once tried to sell me an Astros TBTC helmet, and we had a nice conversation. Knowing what I do now, I am sure glad I politely declined his offer. However, when I questioned a Biggio bat he sold, I started getting explicit emails. I'm surprised he's still on here...

nycpropain
07-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks for making a new topic and not using the 3 others we have on this same subject. It totally makes a difference.

flota89
07-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks for making a new topic and not using the 3 others we have on this same subject. It totally makes a difference.
There's nothing wrong with pointing out an eBay fraud.

Come on guys, quit pushing away good posters here.

frikativ54
07-07-2011, 12:53 PM
There's nothing wrong with pointing out an eBay fraud.

Come on guys, quit pushing away good posters here.

+1

Lokee
07-07-2011, 01:13 PM
+1

amen !

skipcarayislegend
07-07-2011, 02:13 PM

Agree also that this reply is uncalled for. If it really bothers you so much, why read it, let alone reply to it? Old posts get buried, new info becomes available, etc. If keeping the bad guys out of the hobby means posting a new discussion, I say start them all day long. I can probably pick 50 discussions that have taken place here over the past week that have far less significance than this one.

SkubeBats
07-07-2011, 03:44 PM
nycpropain,
I'm going to make a new post about Mike Schultz every time he tries to sell any of his junk on this site or any other site. The more people informed about him the bettter. He keeps changing his usernames and I want people to know that. If you would rather get ripped off by people like this then don't read the posts. I want this hobby to be fun and enjoyable for everyone! I'm only doing what I think is best for the hobby.

sox83cubs84
07-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Jamie:

If you've got new or updated info on a hobby dirtbag, BY ALL MEANS, post it. GUU gets new members every week who have no awareness of prior alerts. You're doing the right thing. Those who see this as a redundant or unnecessary exercise can do the same thing I do when I find a thread of no interest to me...PASS IT BY. You've got my support on this matter.

Dave Miedema

HawaiiSportsNut
07-07-2011, 04:03 PM
nycpropain,
I'm going to make a new post about Mike Schultz every time he tries to sell any of his junk on this site or any other site. The more people informed about him the bettter. He keeps changing his usernames and I want people to know that. If you would rather get ripped off by people like this then don't read the posts. I want this hobby to be fun and enjoyable for everyone! I'm only doing what I think is best for the hobby.

We need more members like you, it is important to keep this hobby safe & fun for everyone.

rufusandherschel
07-07-2011, 04:57 PM
nycpropain,

Keep on truckin' . . . . Brother!

jppopma
07-07-2011, 05:06 PM
I also support the new thread. New name = new thread. Plus it saves us the trouble of going through an older and lengthy thread to figure out what we have and have not read.

Also thanks for the information! It's good neighbors like you who keep us all safe.

brewcrew
07-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Cosign to all the folks who have spoken in support of Jamie. He's a good guy and many of us have dealt with him before. And if you're a newbie to the hobby like me, you don't know who to trust. Think of all the people out there who don't know about this forum and who buy stuff on eBay for a pretty penny, not realizing they have just been duped. I haven't made any large purchases yet (aside from dealing with ballclubs directly), but dealing in game worn and used merchandise can be a wildly successful business. It presents itself as a huge financial opportunity for those willing to exploit people who are too trusting or who lack the knowledge.

I, for one, appreciate each and every individual post that is presented on this forum with regard to people who are shady, or with regard to people who are absolutely 100% reliable. More information can only be good.

freddiefreeman5
07-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Thanks for bumping this topic up and drawing my attention to it. :)

Number13
07-24-2011, 04:44 AM
Thank you for the heads up. Every bit of knowledge helps.