PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Ryan Hilberth -- Alomar bat

earlywynnfan
06-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Here is a link to a Robbie Alomar bat that comes with Ryan's LOA. I am curious as to why there is no team name on the barrel. I asked the seller, but he doesn't know anything other than the LOA. Ryan, I am hoping you could clear this up for me, I wouldn't mind adding an Orioles Alomar to my collection.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250844931855&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks,
Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

PS: yes, I did try to email directly, but the email address on his site bounced back to me.

earlywynnfan
06-30-2011, 03:59 PM
So, I take it Ryan is gone from this forum? Does anybody have a better way to reach him?

Thanks, Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

gameusedbat.com
07-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Ken,

I contacted John Taube on this bat due to the 86-89 labeling period because I thought this might be an early rookie era bat of Alomar. I believe John looked into the records on this Smith finish S329. The double dipped nature of this bat also ruled it out from being a rookie bat if I remember correctly.

Alomar was a free agent in the 1995-96 transition from the Blue Jays to the O's as well as soon again with the Orioles a couple years later. Louisville Slugger has been known to omit team name on occasion for players who are free agents or at the end of their contract.

The Smith double-dipped finish played a factor here... It is first introduced later and is noted on the professional bat ordering records when being used as a finish...

Thanks,
Ryan