PDA

View Full Version : For those who were wondering...

xpress34
06-25-2011, 09:53 AM
1) Yes, I am still alive and functioning and doing baseball related stuff.

2) No, I haven't posted on here much lately for various reasons.

3) No, I haven't blogged on my site - smitty.mlblogs.com - it quite a while because MLB changed to Word Press and it really jacked things up and I haven't had time to try and figure it out. Also, they charge for posting pictures in your blog...

4) THANK YOU to all those who have written or called to see if I am okay...

5) I finally adopted a new cat - since the passing of my beloved MoMo in March. His name is Frankie and he is Grey and White (MoMo was Black and White) and he came from the Ft Collins Cat Rescue. He had an infection when he was 2 weeks old and they had to remove his right eye. He's quite a character with lots of personality.

6) I broke my right thumb a week ago stopping a fellow tech from hitting the ground after a fall from about 12 feet. He's bruised and aching, but no broken back, neck, leg or arm. I will be in a hand cast for about 2-3 months.

I think that's all I have to report for right now...

All the best -

Smitty

Tallyman77
06-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the updates.......yes we were a bit concerned. :)

-Walt

Tallyman77

sox83cubs84
06-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Smitty:

While I am sorry about the passing of MoMo, I'm glad you gave another previously unwanted animal a home and a new life.

My dog, Mac, was a shelter dog...we got him in 2002, he's still healthy and active, and is the best behaved animal my wife and I have ever brought into the family. For whatever time I have left, any animals, especially dogs, that we adopt will be shelter and rescue animals.

Keep on truckin', pal!

Dave Miedema

gorilla777
06-26-2011, 02:52 PM
Hey Smitty,

Glad to here from you and sorry to hear about the loss of MoMo. My wife and I volunteer for a local animal rescue organization, doing rescue and fostering work. It makes for an active, happy home with the animals, along with our nine month old twin girls too. Never a dull moment....
Pets, kids and sports all provide a great deal of happiness and a break from the grind.

All the best,

Ben

camarokids
06-26-2011, 07:38 PM
Smitty:

While I am sorry about the passing of MoMo, I'm glad you gave another previously unwanted animal a home and a new life.

Dave Miedema

All of our animals were adopted at the Humane Society or the SPCA in Florida....