PDA

View Full Version : Another tagged salesman's sample

sox83cubs84
06-16-2011, 09:06 PM
On eBay, up for auction currently, is this 1983 Braves road knit of #17 (Glenn Hubbard). This is NOT a gamer, however, it is instead one of the many tagged salesman's sample produced by Wilson in 1983-84.http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqN,!jEE2n(iTLozBN9W2S,qkQ~~_12.JPG

The key for identifying this as such is the lack of NOB and lack of spacing for the NOB...a common characteristic of the 1983-84 tagged Wilson salesman's samples. I also believe (though I'd have to doublecheck) that 1983 Braves gamers should have a patch on the left sleeve, or imprint of such a patch being removed, for Georgia's 250th Anniversary. Lack of commemorative/historical/memoriam patches are also a characteristic of tagged Wilson samples.

The seller has had a number of items up on eBay recently, most of which has been decent. I'll give the seller the benefit of the doubt, as such jerseys have fooled other sellers and collectors over the years, as well.

Dave Miedema

ziggy
06-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Sale price of $118 actually went for less than these wilson salesmans samples go for... The powder blue braves usually go for around $150.