PDA

View Full Version : Tim McCarver: "Posey's Done." ????

EurekaDave
06-12-2011, 06:51 PM
According to a sports blog, Tim McCarver thinks Buster Posey is done as a catcher. Really? And he went to what medical school? I thought watching baseball was one good way to avoid crackpot pundits.

OK so I am biased, but I've suffered through enough McCarver crap. Honestly, the downside to the Giants in the World Series was listening to the Fox broadcast. Joe Buck: "Giants trying to wrap this Series up tonight..." Really? Holy crap. I've been misreading this game since childhood....

Dave Silverbrand

AWA85
06-12-2011, 07:36 PM
I missed it, but were they talking about moving him to 1B to protect him in the future? You look at what has happened with Mauer and now Posey it is one thing to consider when you have the type of bat they do.

Having a bat like those guys behind the dish sure is a luxury. Agree on FOX broadcasts, don't even get me started on their coverage of college football bowl games.

EurekaDave
06-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Someone corect me if I am wrong, but a thought that McCarver said he should be traded to an American League team as a designated hitter. He said catchers never fully recover from such injuries.

In fairness, I didn't hear McCarver myself but it sure sounds like him. And it reminds me of the Mark Twain quote: "Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

LastingsMilledge85
06-12-2011, 09:45 PM
If I had a dime for every time Tim McCarver said something logical, I would be broke.

jobathenut
06-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Tim mccarver is a douschbag.I wish deion would have hit him with the bucket-:D

sox83cubs84
06-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Tim mccarver is a douschbag.I wish deion would have hit him with the bucket-:D

McCarver is becoming the John Madden of MLB announcers. The only thing missing is a man-crush on Brett Favre.:p

Dave Miedema

jobathenut
06-13-2011, 12:22 AM
You are right dave,But i think he has his own man-crush on joe buck.I mean have you ever heard them do a game together,its a freakin' love fest in that booth.Just like how sutcliff when he did games had to call everyone by thier names everytime he talked.Someone needs to tell "sut" (as he likes to be called) that he is talking to audience and not to each other.It could of been a drinking game, everytime "sut" said "obie" you had to do a shot,you'd be hammered by the 3rd inning....
McCarver is becoming the John Madden of MLB announcers. The only thing missing is a man-crush on Brett Favre.:p

Dave Miedema

alltimegiants
06-13-2011, 11:52 AM
I think Tim McCarver and Joe Buck should retire and join NKOTBSB
(New Kids on the Block and BackStreet Boys) tour....

EurekaDave
06-13-2011, 12:03 PM
I've never seen two baseball voices so universally despised as Tim McCarver. Truthfully, I miss Howard Cosell. And I wished I had lived in Chicago just to listen to Harry Caray ... "Here's the three-two pitch. Say, did you ever wonder what they put in those hotdogs?"
Dave Silverbrand

alltimegiants
06-13-2011, 04:35 PM
The Giants announcers are the BEST in the World. They are World CHAMPIONS ANNOUNCERS - Kruk and Kuip, Jon Miller and Dave Fleming .

Nice to hear them daily!!!

sox83cubs84
06-13-2011, 05:05 PM
The Giants announcers are the BEST in the World. They are World CHAMPIONS ANNOUNCERS - Kruk and Kuip, Jon Miller and Dave Fleming .

Nice to hear them daily!!!

I'm not familiar with the others' work, but I always liked Jon Miller on national broadcasts...very classy when I met him too. Now, only if ESPN had paired him with somebody other than the arrogant king of the Cubs Haters, Joe Morgan...:mad:

Dave Miedema

OaklandAsFan
06-16-2011, 12:38 AM
I'm not familiar with the others' work, but I always liked Jon Miller on national broadcasts...very classy when I met him too. Now, only if ESPN had paired him with somebody other than the arrogant king of the Cubs Haters, Joe Morgan...:mad:

Dave Miedema

Joe Morgan doesn't just hate the Cubs, he hates anything thats not related to him.

Vintagedeputy
06-16-2011, 03:22 PM
McCarver is a tool.

sox83cubs84
06-16-2011, 06:17 PM
Joe Morgan doesn't just hate the Cubs, he hates anything thats not related to him.

Yeah...or the Big Red Machine.:rolleyes:

Dave Miedema

Mark17
06-17-2011, 09:58 PM
[quote=AWA85;254215]I missed it, but were they talking about moving him to 1B to protect him in the future? You look at what has happened with Mauer and now Posey it is one thing to consider when you have the type of bat they do.[quote]

There are a lot of people here in Minnesota who would rather see Joe Mauer play 160 games as a DH, rather than 130 games as a catcher, which is about what he's been averaging since his first full season.

This year, he'll be lucky to play 100 games, and his knees aren't getting any better with the wear and tear, and the effects of getting older. If the Twins don't move him from behind the plate and he gets another serious injury, it could be Tony Oliva all over again.

So... Moving Posey may not be a dumb move, although it would be a sad thing to see.