PDA

View Full Version : Back pockets turned inside out WHAT ?

Lokee
06-11-2011, 01:55 PM
I am watching the Red Sox/Jays game and noticed alot of players have their back pockets turned inside out. I actually noticed this in the last few years.

It got me thinking why ?

I figured it just gave them more of a chance to get hit while batting more fabric to hit, more stuff sticking out....

Anyone have a clue ?

camarokids
06-11-2011, 02:16 PM
maybe it's a gansta/ghetto movement?

Astros7
06-13-2011, 12:45 PM
To disrespect the game. There is no benefit to it. It used to occationally happen on accident, now its being done on purpose and it looks stupid. If I went to work like this, I'd get slapped upside the head.

godwulf
06-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Mention of disrespecting the game made me think about Pete Rose's reaction to the photographer who wanted to get some photos of Pete with his uniform cap turned backwards. I don't remember the exact quote, but it was something to the effect that it was a uniform, not a costume, and one thing that he would never be on the field was some kind of clown.

frikativ54
06-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Honestly, I think that baseball has far greater things to be worried about than players turning their pockets inside out. Reminds me of the whole craziness in 2002 when MLB tried to stop people from wearing Darryl Kile's number and initials on their caps. Or when Griffey was chided for how he wore his hat in BP.

People are so stuck in the concept of uniforms being perfectly the same that they try to stop people from writing on their caps, players from wearing baggy uniforms, etc. What's going to be next? Will players not be able to wear gel bracelets on the field?

If MLB really had guts, it would stop worrying about how people wear their uniforms and start being concerned about the thousands of teenagers that get hooked on smokeless tobacco per year because they see their idols doing it on TV.

NEFAN
06-14-2011, 02:47 PM
DICTIONARY

u·ni·form

1. identical or consistent, as from example to example, place to place, or moment to moment: uniform spelling; a uniform building code.

2. without variations in detail: uniform output; a uniform surface.

3. constant; unvarying; undeviating: uniform kindness; uniform velocity.

Easier to read

freddiefreeman5
06-15-2011, 11:04 PM
They look stupid.
If they ever start wearing their pants below their butt then I am done.

momen55
06-16-2011, 11:15 AM
DICTIONARY

u·ni·form

1. identical or consistent, as from example to example, place to place, or moment to moment: uniform spelling; a uniform building code.

2. without variations in detail: uniform output; a uniform surface.

3. constant; unvarying; undeviating: uniform kindness; uniform velocity.

Easier to read

that is what i was going to say!

freddiefreeman5
06-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Brian Wilson of the Giants looks like a bum when he pitches. The Giants should make him button up his jersey. Nobody wants to see his tatooed chest.