PDA

View Full Version : Question re: sports auction consignments

emann
06-09-2011, 08:59 PM
So, I'm going to consign some items to an auction and am wondering something: who pays for shipping from the consigner to the auction house?

I've done a few auctions of art in the past and usually the auction house would send me a Fed-Ex number to ship my items to them. Is it the same in sports auctions or does the consigner pay to ship/insure them to the auctioneer? Does it differ by auction house (Lelands, Gray Flannel, Huggins & Scott, etc)?

trsent
06-10-2011, 12:32 AM
So, I'm going to consign some items to an auction and am wondering something: who pays for shipping from the consigner to the auction house?

I've done a few auctions of art in the past and usually the auction house would send me a Fed-Ex number to ship my items to them. Is it the same in sports auctions or does the consigner pay to ship/insure them to the auctioneer? Does it differ by auction house (Lelands, Gray Flannel, Huggins & Scott, etc)?

Most sports auction houses have you pay to ship them the merchandise.

If you are sending them a better collection, they may offer you or may accept your request for them to provide you with a shipping companies account number.

emann
06-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Thanks Joel...