PDA

View Full Version : 1998 Kenny Rogers A's Jersey

wallyrapp
06-08-2011, 11:27 PM
I have had this jersey in my collection for a while now, and I have questioned it ever since I received it. I am not sure if the tagging is correct. But, I did think the velcro was a nice touch. Can anyone let know their opinion?
Thank you!!!!

2000mvpfan
06-08-2011, 11:59 PM
..It's good.Besides that letter from the A's as provenence,only Russell Athletic gamers had that 100% polyester tag-not the store models.

Joe

wallyrapp
06-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Fantastic! Thank you, Joe. I thought the LOA was good, but I thought it could also be a photocopy even thought the name stamp was good. I was not sure about the tags. I did not see a year or set tag. I am definitely not an expert on A's jerseys. I really appreciate the help!!!

2000mvpfan
06-09-2011, 09:47 AM
No problem,I'm not a big A's expert either,but since the guy I collect did play for them I've learned enough to keep myself out of trouble.
Those A's LOA's can be tricky.I must have 8 of them,complete with their envelopes,and its really hard to tell whether they're photocopies or not.I have a feeling the A's cheaped out,photocopied a ton of blanks,and then just filled in the item info instead of using thicker paper.
Welcome to the forum,
Joe

Lokee
06-09-2011, 03:03 PM
IMO the 100% polyester tag looks to "mint" to have been worn more than once. Does the shirt show much use ?

sox83cubs84
06-09-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't believe Russell ever year tagged their Oakland jerseys (1992-99). Tags look fine, although the wear might be limited.

Dave Miedema

wallyrapp
06-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Thank you everyone! Such great information.... would not be able to get this information anywhere else. The jersey does not show a ton of use... some fraying around the letters and the numbers look like they have been washed. But, it is not beat up by any means.