PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinon

bdeol4
06-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Hey guys,

Just needing to get another item for the "man cave" Im looking for a Brett Favre item, now a game worn jersey is going to cost around 7-10k so thats out of my price range.

So I was thinking getting either a pair of game worn cleats which would be around $1,500 to $2,000 or I could get an autographed jersey which would be around $800(framed)

What one would you rather have for a man cave to display?

AutographAddiction
06-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Cleats

kprst6
06-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Get a jersey signed by Brett in person at an autograph show. Cleats and nothing else would be odd IMO. I am also against buying pre-signed items as you never know if an autograph is real unless you get something signed yourself in person.

signingshotline is a good place to start when looking for autograph shows.

gameon
06-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Definately go for the game worn cleats. Those would be much more rare. Signed jerseys are plentiful and can be had fairly easily.

Shipp_96
06-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Personally, as someone who mainly collects Penn State players that are on various NFL teams, I love game worn cleats!

They display great, are easy to get a case for and usually are on the cheaper end of game worn items. Plus, they show no team affiliation, which is better than when I have five different NFL team jerseys on my wall and really only root for one of them :)!

I also tend to agree with others that have posted when it comes to autos. Unless I buy an item that is game worn and already signed, I only have autos in my collection that I obtain in person. That way, there is no doubt.

mariner_gamers
06-08-2011, 09:26 PM
I am not a huge fan of cleats/shoes, however, they are from a major superstar. I would do the cleats now since I am a game used junkie and add a signed jersey down the road. Chances are Brett will be doing signings for the next 30 years barring something unforeseen. Brett will not be producing more game used items.

Just my .02

legaleagle92481
06-08-2011, 09:27 PM
For the relatively slight difference in price go for the cleats. There are only so many cleats on the market. Jerseys are a dime a dozen. As far as autographs I have collected them for almost three decades. Steiner, Mounted Memories, Tristar and the Favre hologram/coa are 100% trustworthy. Albeit expensive. Brett is not doing a show anytime soon. I don't recall the last time he did one. I recall he did a Sportsfest in Philly back in the day. He does alot of private signings but they won't let you go there and get it in person. Now that he is retired catching him at airport/hotel/stadium is not an option unless you want to be a stalker and show up at the high school in miss. that he works out at alot.