PDA

View Full Version : Some stuff from Giambi's 3 HR game...

2000mvpfan
06-07-2011, 09:51 PM
...Unfortunately,not the bat :( .But after picking up a ticket on eBay the nite of the game,I got on the phone to the Phillies the day after and was able to score a ball used in the game (a pitch in the dirt from Jhoulys Chacin to Cliff Lee of all people!) and a piece I really wanted-a game used lineup card from the game...incidentally,the Rockies' card is still out there somewhere...
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s11/2000mvpfan_giambi/gball.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s11/2000mvpfan_giambi/gcard.jpg

Joe

alltimegiants
06-08-2011, 12:04 AM
nice pick ups

jobathenut
06-08-2011, 04:22 AM
Darn you "2000mvpfan" joe-I got you a ticket from the game and was going to mail it to you as a gift-I am sooooo bummed:( seriously, i am,but i should've known....

xpress34
06-08-2011, 07:48 AM
Hey Butch -

You can mail it to me! ;)

Hope both you guys are doing well - and great pick ups Joe!

- Smitty

Greenbaumer
06-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Great stuff Joe, too bad he decided to keep the bat he used that night.

2000mvpfan
06-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Butch-thanks anyway LOL..didn't mean to ruin the surprise..really!You know me when it comes to this stuff.Got your PM..yes,there is a photo coming your way this weekend.I've just been getting my ass kicked at work and haven't had time to get it out.Also,if you want the signed NYY jersey its yours for $50 shipped.
Chris-where the hell have you been hiding,buddy?No posts here,nothing on the MLB blog..how am I supposed to keep up with what's really going on in Denver lol?Hope you and Mrs.Smitty are well..and I left the Rox lineup card out there for ya-If Butch sends ya that ticket,it'll frame well!
Greenbaumer-well,it was the biggest game of the guy's career..guess I can't begrudge him keeping it (actually,I can..but what can I do??).
Thanks guys,
Joe

Greenbaumer
06-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Joe, you're going to love my new Giambi bat. I'll post pics when it gets here. I photomatched it to a significant play this season.

2000mvpfan
06-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Greenbaumer...was that the one that ended on eBay over the weekend (the guy also had a Tulo and a CarGo)?If so,nice score..I was the guy bidding against you but had to go to a damn 50th anniverary party and missed it..Good price for an '11 Giambi bat.

Joe

Greenbaumer
06-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Greenbaumer...was that the one that ended on eBay over the weekend (the guy also had a Tulo and a CarGo)?If so,nice score..I was the guy bidding against you but had to go to a damn 50th anniverary party and missed it..Good price for an '11 Giambi bat.

Joe

That's the one. I photomatched to a three run HR earlier this year. Cannot wait until it gets here!

2000mvpfan
06-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Let me change that to REALLY nice score..a Giambi HR bat (at least one that I can prove) is something still not in my collection..ah well,one day..
Nice job!
Joe

jobathenut
06-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Smitty-Yeah,I got one for you also.I bought 3 tickets,one for each of us.
Hey Butch -

You can mail it to me! ;)

Hope both you guys are doing well - and great pick ups Joe!

- Smitty

jobathenut
06-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Joe-Like i said i knew when i did it that you were already going to have the ticket.I actually thought you would have been there in person.I will take the jersey.Just please give me some time to put the money together.I am still mailing you your ticket,as i bought it for you.So you should have it.You can get giambi to sign it or something.As i got tickets for me,you and chris.As all giambi fans should have tickets from "the man" best game....:)
Butch-thanks anyway LOL..didn't mean to ruin the surprise..really!You know me when it comes to this stuff.Got your PM..yes,there is a photo coming your way this weekend.I've just been getting my ass kicked at work and haven't had time to get it out.Also,if you want the signed NYY jersey its yours for $50 shipped.
Chris-where the hell have you been hiding,buddy?No posts here,nothing on the MLB blog..how am I supposed to keep up with what's really going on in Denver lol?Hope you and Mrs.Smitty are well..and I left the Rox lineup card out there for ya-If Butch sends ya that ticket,it'll frame well!
Greenbaumer-well,it was the biggest game of the guy's career..guess I can't begrudge him keeping it (actually,I can..but what can I do??).
Thanks guys,
Joe

2000mvpfan
06-08-2011, 04:27 PM
I'll tell ya Butch..I told my wife I wanted to try to get to that Thurs. Game,but I had to be at work at 6:50 AM Friday and Philly's a good 75 miles from my house.Ah well,what can ya do?Maybe I'll hit the COL @ NYY games at the end of the month,cause guess who'll be DH'ing for COL???
Jersey's yours,just let me know when you're ready..now I gotta unload the Oakland one!!

Take care,
Joe

jobathenut
06-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Joe-I cant believe giambi's #1 fan wasnt there to see it,and you call yourself a fan-just kidding.....Yeah that would be nice if he is playing when they come to town vs the yankees....I will try to come up with the money as soon as i can,it might take awhile but i will do it for sure.I thought you sold the a's jersey.Any chance of a package deal for both of them.I know i just blew you away that i would want something other than a yankees item....
I'll tell ya Butch..I told my wife I wanted to try to get to that Thurs. Game,but I had to be at work at 6:50 AM Friday and Philly's a good 75 miles from my house.Ah well,what can ya do?Maybe I'll hit the COL @ NYY games at the end of the month,cause guess who'll be DH'ing for COL???
Jersey's yours,just let me know when you're ready..now I gotta unload the Oakland one!!

Take care,
Joe

Greenbaumer
06-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Joe,

Shoot me an email.

Adam
Greenbaumer@gmail.com

2000mvpfan
06-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Hey Adam..

eMail sent!

Joe

OaklandAsFan
06-15-2011, 06:56 PM
If there is still a ticket from that game available I'd love to purchase it! let me know

thanks