PDA

View Full Version : USPS Delivery Question

jayt1234
06-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Hello,

I think this has been discussed here in the past but I mailed a 12x12x10.5 inch 5lb box to someone in Hawaii on Thursday via Priority Mail and Saturday recieved notice from the buyer that it was delivered in Illinois and maybe I sent him the wrong tracking (tracking was correct).

It took me 45 minutes to get through to someone at the post office and all they said they could do was email the IL post office to see what happened. I can see things getting lost but how in the world could a carrier leave an actual box with an Hawaii address, mind you the road is not something like 'Main St" or "Central St".

Was hoping this was just a system screw up but since it has not change since Saturday I am not feeling good about this.

Has this happened to anyone here? How did you resolve this?

Thank You

NEFAN
06-06-2011, 01:16 PM
I've has similar experiences, it usually takes a while, but has always turned out OK for me.

flota89
06-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Same here, I once had an item end up "delivered" in the wrong state, only to be at my house 3 days later. I'd give it a few days and see.

frikativ54
06-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Give it a week at least. I've had similar situations where the items have shown up.

jayt1234
06-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Thank you for the replies, and will just hope this works out. The good thing is that it is just a Pro Line helmet ($100) so at least it is not a one of a kind or game used item.Still cannot figure out how a carrier could drop off a package labeled for Hawaii at some random address in Illinois.

Thank You,

Jay

trsent
06-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Thank you for the replies, and will just hope this works out. The good thing is that it is just a Pro Line helmet ($100) so at least it is not a one of a kind or game used item.Still cannot figure out how a carrier could drop off a package labeled for Hawaii at some random address in Illinois.

Thank You,

Jay

I have found duplicate tracking numbers that do not get updated until the final delivery in Hawaii. Give it a few days.