PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Fraud Matt Kemp bat on eBay

csu398
06-04-2011, 01:14 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260795199977

Matt Kemp hit his 50th career HR in the bottom of the 8th inning, and that's his last AB in the game. I wonder how/when/where the seller saw Kemp's next AB :confused:. The HR video can be found on MLB website easily. The bat Matt Kemp used should be a X-bat, which looks totally different from the seller's Max bat.

Emailed the seller but got very impolite reply...How could he got 2000+ positive replies (100% positive)...!?

FastLane80
06-04-2011, 02:02 AM
FYI his Kemp "game used" jersey is not used at all. From MLB's site:

Hologram number LH020146 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under TEAM ISSUED JERSEY.

csu398
06-04-2011, 02:54 AM
Hi Don,
I noticed that as well~ and thanks for the Darryl Strawberry bat :)

WadeInBmore
06-05-2011, 01:26 PM
FYI his Kemp "game used" jersey is not used at all. From MLB's site:

Hologram number LH020146 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under TEAM ISSUED JERSEY.

For what its worth, when MLB authenticates an item as TEAM ISSUED, that mearly means that it does infact come from the team and doesn't speak on the actual use. Many items exhist in the collecting market that MLB labels as issued while showing tremendous amounts of use. If an MLB authenticator doesn't see the item used they wont label it as used.

I'm not saying the jersey is or isn't used, just saying that because MLB tagged it as issued it doesn't mean it hasn't been or wasn't used.

wade

csu398
06-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Unfortunately, somebody still spent $150 to buy the bat.I'll just copy and paste the seller's description here. Hopefully the buyer and some potential future buyers can somehow find this post here through google or other search engine...

--

MATT KEMP DODGERS GAME USED BAT CAREER HR#50 8-4-09
seller: saugusswap (http://myworld.ebay.com/saugusswap/?_trksid=p4340.l2559)

"MATT KEMP LOS ANGELES DODGERS GAME USED MAX BAT FROM AUGUST 4, 2009 AGAINST THE MILWAUKEE BREWERS. MATT HIT HIS 50TH HOME RUN OF HIS CAREER WITH THIS BAT OFF OFF RJ SWINDLE OF THE BREWERS. THE VERY NEXT AT BAT MATT GOT SAWED OFF AND BROKE THIS BAT. I WAS SITTING BEHIND THE DODGER DUGOUT AND HAPPEN TO SEE THE BAT BOY GETTING READY TO THROW THE BAT IN THE DUGOUT AND I ASKED HIM FOR IT AND HE GAVE IT TO ME. THE BAT IS A BLACK MAX BAT 34 INCHES IN LENTGH AND HAS A 12 INCH CRACK WITH A SMALL PIECE MISSING FOR IT. THE SMALL PIECE MISSING DOES NOT DETRACT FROM THE OVERALL LOOK. THE BAT AS YOU CAN SEE IS HAMMERED WITH USE. HAS MATT'S #27 ON THE KNOB AND TOP OF THE BARREL.

THIS IS A TREMENDOUS OPPORTUNITY TO OWN ONE OF MATT'S KEEPSAKES OF HIS SUPERSTAR CAREER.

I ALSO HAVE UP FOR SALE ONE OF HIS GAME USED JERSEYS RIGHT NOW ON EBAY.

I ACCEPT PAYPAL ONLY. SHIPS USPS PRIORITY MAIL WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION AND INSURANCE. PAYMENT IS DUE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF AUCTIONS END. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!! IF PAYMENT IS NOT MADE WITHIN 24 HOURS THE ITEM WILL BE PUT RIGHT BACK UP FOR SALE WHICH IS GOING TO BE EBAYS NEW POLICY EFFECTIVE JULY, 2011. NO RETURNS OR REFUNDS. THANKS FOR LOOKING."

FastLane80
06-07-2011, 02:32 AM
That's a fair price for a Kemp bat. Another one sold this weekend for $225 without any sort of implied significance.

csu398
06-07-2011, 03:52 AM
Hi Don,

I think it's a genuine Kemp gamer, and $150 looks reasonable, as long as the seller didn't try to forge some signs of heavy usage. I was actually interested in buying it anyway, so I sent the seller a message and pointed out it cannot be the HR#50 bat. However, the seller's response stopped me...

FastLane80
06-07-2011, 12:04 PM
With this guy's attitude, I'd stay away from it myself.

I knew I should have hit a few balls of that Strawberry bat! :p Glad you like it by the way! :D