PDA

View Full Version : 2011 All Star Game

jppopma
05-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Is anyone else going to the all star game in Phoenix? I am planning to go and was looking to see if anybody know of any good "events" going on outside of the official all star game events.

Thanks and hope for cooler weather...

godwulf
05-29-2011, 09:06 AM
I won't be going to the game itself, but I've got tickets for the first two days of the Fan Fest, being held at the Phoenix Convention Center on July 8th and 9th.

OaklandAsFan
05-29-2011, 01:45 PM
I'll be there, got two tickets to all events going on and I'm super excited about it!

jppopma
05-29-2011, 06:07 PM
I have the full event ticket strip too....just wondering what else there will be between the slower events.

sox83cubs84
05-30-2011, 07:21 AM
The whole three-ring circus in 2010 regarding Arizona's immigration laws caused several Hispanic players, most notably Adrian Gonzalez, to consider boycotting the game, if selected, because of its location. I hope that is resolved before All-Star activities commence.

This isn't being mentioned to promote a specific political viewpoint...just a reality to consider, as a lot can happen in 6 weeks.

Dave Miedema

frikativ54
05-30-2011, 08:01 AM
I've got a ticket to the first day of FanFest. However, I may not be able to go, due to other travel plans. Just got to see how other things play out.

-Frik

jppopma
05-30-2011, 11:34 AM
Come on Dave...I would enjoy watching a few riots between the events. Could be fun. :)

OaklandAsFan
05-30-2011, 05:26 PM
The whole three-ring circus in 2010 regarding Arizona's immigration laws caused several Hispanic players, most notably Adrian Gonzalez, to consider boycotting the game, if selected, because of its location. I hope that is resolved before All-Star activities commence.

This isn't being mentioned to promote a specific political viewpoint...just a reality to consider, as a lot can happen in 6 weeks.

Dave Miedema

Since a large majority of that law was not passed I think most of that has been swept under the carpet. Personally I think that ballplayers should stick to what they get paid to do and leave politics to the people who are paid to do that.

I think that if more hispanics who worked hard to get here through the right process and are legally living or working in this country stood up against those that are here illegally and breaking the laws there may be less issues arising such as the SB1070. (I only specify hispanics because that was the primary focus on SB1070 and all the problems I know that more than hispanics are in this country legally and illegally)

sox83cubs84
05-30-2011, 06:20 PM
I think that if more hispanics who worked hard to get here through the right process and are legally living or working in this country stood up against those that are here illegally and breaking the laws there may be less issues arising such as the SB1070. (I only specify hispanics because that was the primary focus on SB1070 and all the problems I know that more than hispanics are in this country legally and illegally)[/quote]

I fully agree...though your statement and my agreement will now probably p*** off the forum's political commentary police.

Dave Miedema

sox83cubs84
06-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Trying to revive a good thread that got a bit sidetracked...

Think of YOUNG stars...not established, 10-year guys like Pujols, A-Rod, etc. Who would you like to see in the Home Run Derby?

Dave Miedema

ironmanfan
06-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Trying to revive a good thread that got a bit sidetracked...

Think of YOUNG stars...not established, 10-year guys like Pujols, A-Rod, etc. Who would you like to see in the Home Run Derby?

Dave Miedema

Bautista

rdeversole
06-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Somebody on the Reds would be nice. Votto won't but maybe Bruce

OaklandAsFan
06-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Got my tix in the mail today!!!!!