PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Yankees Wash Tag Question

BULBUS
05-28-2011, 12:52 PM
I have 2 2010 Yankees jerseys, both are said to be game issued (Steiner), but one is definitely used. Both wash tags have a small jagged circle cut out of them. Anyone know what this signifies? Thanks, Chris

pjbmd
05-30-2011, 08:11 PM
i looked at the tagging of the few 2010 jerseys i received from steiner
1 is from opening away series and doesnt have the cutout
others that i received after the season's end has the cutout--maybe that signifies authentication after the seaon ended?
i've got 3 more jerseys coming in the next week--i'll update then
pjb

BULBUS
05-31-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks! The 2 jerseys I received were authenticated after the season, in November, as well.

pjbmd
06-03-2011, 07:39 AM
the 2 2010 jerseys i received this week both have the round cutout--both were authenticated after the season ended
pjb

astros5.7
06-03-2011, 10:17 AM
According to Steiner, any jersey that wasn't MLB authenticated as used, has a hole punched on the inside wash tag.........to show that it was sold as issued. It doesn't matter if the jersey shows wear or not.

Here is a link to my Berkman which has been photo matched to the ALDS and ALCS, but is authenticated as issued and has a hole punched on the inside wash tag.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=247546#post247546

RASTANIF
06-03-2011, 08:44 PM
I have one as well that has a hole punched in the wash tag. Mine is game used though as I have a photo-match of it being worn but it is authenticated as game-issued.

zooat2
06-04-2011, 09:25 AM
- I have the same issue w/ a jersey and a pair of pants...so why would they do this if its clearly used? Plus they charge less which hurts them but obviously helps us!...

bvastano
06-04-2011, 10:31 AM
- I have the same issue w/ a jersey and a pair of pants...so why would they do this if its clearly used? Plus they charge less which hurts them but obviously helps us!...

If MLB marks it as game issued, then Steiner has to certify it as game issued. There are a number of items that i have received "game issued" but were clearly used...i will take those savings!

frikativ54
06-04-2011, 01:35 PM
If MLB marks it as game issued, then Steiner has to certify it as game issued. There are a number of items that i have received "game issued" but were clearly used...i will take those savings!

In general, I think people are safe with a photomatch. However, with issued items that can't be matched, it's difficult because there's no way to prove that the use wasn't contrived. I wish MLB would hologram them as issued, since they didn't see jerseys coming off the players' backs, but then also mention that the items shows use.

astros5.7
06-04-2011, 03:15 PM

I don't really agree that it helps the buyer, some people will only go off of what the LOA says, no matter what proof you have the item is legit. To me it just raises doubt about a lot of legit game used items.

I have several items from Steiner authenticated as issued by MLB, but come with Steiner LOA's stating they are game used........I was told all these LOA's are wrong, and if I want to send them back, they will issue the proper LOA's. Who would want to do that on items they purchased as game used, I'm not sure. I'm sure who ever purchased the 10K Jeter game used helmet that is authenticated by MLB as issued will be happy to here that Steiner will send them an LOA stating it's actually issued.