PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had any luck getting Jeter to sign GU items at games?

AROD313
05-27-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm going to try and get my Jeter bat signed at the game tonight anyone ever had any luck getting him to sign any game used items at the ballpark? Curious if he's a good signer or a tough one to get? Interested in hearing any tips or stories of getting GU items signed at games?

spartakid
05-27-2011, 11:17 AM
I would think, just a guess, that players are more likely to sign if they see you have one of their gamers as opposed to just a normal ball or something. So I would definitely do all that you can to get his attention and show him that it's his gamer. That being said, I would suspect Jeter is a tough auto to get in general. Good luck!

jake33
05-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Really, when I see yankee fans at games they are stacked 4-rows deep in the stands with people getting pics and/or auto's, even when the gates open. I don't know how they run down anyone's particular auto that they want to get at a game.

hiramman
05-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Here in Atlanta at Turner Field, the Braves do not allow baseball bats to be brought into the stadium. You may want to check with the yankees before lugging a Jeter GU bat to the stadium and then having to take it back to your car and leave it there during the game.

philsfan
05-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Good luck, but I doubt you will ever have a shot at getting close enough to Jeter to get his autograph on a bat at the stadium. I've heard that the security in NY is obviously very tight for the players. It's not like the old days when these guys would stroll out of the stadium, walk to their cars, talk with the fans, etc. The high profile guys always have "security" issues and the player parking lot is often blocked off.

Bringing a Jeter game bat into the stands just sounds risky for the off chance that he runs over and signs for you and others.

I'd wait until he has a public or private signing. If you have a buddy over at Steiner, they may offer to get it signed for you next time he comes in...for a steep price. I'd think you would also have a better chance getting Jeter early on in Spring Training in FL. He's obviously more relaxed and looking to please Yankee fans.

I've also heard that Jeter is comfortable signing for women and kids, but often doesn't sign for adult men. These guys understand the GU market for stuff and don't like signing for guys that are going to sign. It's really too bad.

Just my opinion. If I had a Jeter gamer, I'd be standing right next to you trying to get mine signed, but I'd hate to see you waste your time.

BULBUS
05-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Yanks are in Seattle tonight. There would no shot at getting Jeter to sign a bat in NY, but Seattle's policies and access to players I'm sure is different. Good luck! Let us know if you.

-Chris