PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed! - Indiana Tornado Damage today

rdeversole
05-23-2011, 06:18 PM
My long time best friend and ball game companion Ryan Thomas just had a tree land on his house/bust open part of his living room as a result of the storms/tornado in Bloomington, IN.

It's going to be hell for him to figure this situation out and I'm asking for DONATIONS of cash (via paypal gift) or castoff old memorabilia that I could sell for him or really whatever you want to throw into the mix. This will help him offset the damages and not go broke.

My email/paypal is rdeversole@gmail.com

Not sure what the mods rules are on this topic but I hope I haven't crossed any board rule. Here's a picture of his house - which is about 4 blocks from the IU campus.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p218/ryaneversole/photo-4.jpg

ironmanfan
05-23-2011, 06:35 PM
that's horrible, but that kind of occurence is covered under most Home Owner Insurance policies.........

i'm glad that no one was hurt.

rdeversole
05-23-2011, 06:46 PM
He's a renter without insurance and will be displaced for a number of days. I'm not sure yet on the total extent of damage to his personal property but any amount is something he'll find hard to cover.

ironmanfan
05-23-2011, 07:03 PM
He's a renter without insurance and will be displaced for a number of days. I'm not sure yet on the total extent of damage to his personal property but any amount is something he'll find hard to cover.

a renters policy would have cost him about $100-$125 year; i realize that it's too late now but perhaps members here who are renters who don't have renters insurance now realize how relatively inexpensive it is....(policy would also allow him to stay in a hotel until the house is inhabitable again).

camarokids
05-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Not trying to sound cold hearted. Wouldn't the homeowner be required to pay for repairs? I would imagine the homeowner should have insurance to cover such incidences?

jobathenut
05-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Yes, the homeowner insurance covers any damage to the house (as they own it).And renters insurance covers the renters items.So yes, the homeowner would be responsible for any damage to the house or property.

rdeversole
05-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Ryan, his sister, and dog are currently homeless and trying to find a sublet. No renters insurance. This thread really isn't heading in the direction I had intended...

camarokids
05-24-2011, 02:51 PM
Ryan, his sister, and dog are currently homeless and trying to find a sublet. No renters insurance. This thread really isn't heading in the direction I had intended...

I commend you for being compassionate in trying to help a friend. I think members were just trying to gather more info. I know I was. There was not enough info in your initial post.

I would recommend they ask their church or the Red Cross for assistance.

I know churches will do things like that. I work part time at our church and see a lot of the inner workings.

Repairs could take a month or so. Could they stay with you? I could possibly help transport them to your place. I live an hour away from Bloomington.