PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Henderson Bat???????????

Airtron1
08-31-2006, 03:49 PM
whats the deal with this bat is it a playoff used bat....I thought those were just given to players as trophy bats
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ricky-Henderson-Game-Used-Blue-Jays-Bat-ESM_W0QQitemZ290024941429QQihZ019QQcategoryZ60596Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

pjbmd
09-02-2006, 10:40 AM
who the hell is rick hernandez?
pjb

Eric
09-02-2006, 10:39 PM
FYI

He spells his name RickEy Henderson, as opposed to Ricky Henderson on the bat

Eric

sportscentury
09-02-2006, 10:50 PM
FYI

He spells his name RickEy Henderson, as opposed to Ricky Henderson on the bat

Eric

Eric,

Actually, he has spelled his name both ways (for quite a long time). In recent years, he has predominately (if not solely) been signing his name without the "e" in fact. His spelling of "Ricky" on the bat barrel was standard for his Coopers, and many other bats he ordered (Rawlings, for example). Carolina Clubs and Louisvilles typically had "Rickey" with the "e" though. The auction seller states that his name is Ricky Hernandez which is simply carelessness/confusion. I understand these bats to be trophies, as well, but when it comes to Rickey, you never know ... he may have used it. See the following photos for spelling variations across manufacturers.

Reid

Eric
09-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Wow- that's crazy. I have never seen him spell his name that way. I am wrong- great info Reid!
Eric

sportscentury
09-03-2006, 12:18 AM
Wow- that's crazy. I have never seen him spell his name that way. I am wrong- great info Reid!
Eric

Eric,

He's a "quirky" guy. I can't imagine waking up one day and deciding to spell my name Reed. And I'm sure it hasn't dawned on you to switch to Erik. But Ricky is as Rickey does ... or something like that.

Reid