Klattsy
05-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Just wondering if anyone picked up jersey's from:
Somersets Patriots Breast Cancer Awareness
Iron Pigs Hockey Jersey Night
Lynchburg Hillcats Camo Jersey's
Reading Phillies Pink Jersey's
Rome Braves Pink Jersey's

Of course, I found out too late, but don't think i'd have any way of bidding unless someone was at the game for me.

Mark.

LastingsMilledge85
05-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Contact the teams before the auction, and you may just be able to bid on them. That's what I did last week.

Klattsy
05-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Contact the teams before the auction, and you may just be able to bid on them. That's what I did last week.

I saw that Knights jersey you had already. I was hoping to get Shane Lindsay from that game, but not sure if he played.

I tried asking a few clubs on Twitter, one of them said year sure and then came back saying only if I was at the game :(

Will try and email a few of the upcoming places. Any idea what scrubs jersey's generally go for in these types of auctions? $75? $150?

Thanks,
Mark.

LastingsMilledge85
05-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Charlotte started theirs at $75 and it ended much higher than that, and I consider Milledge a "scrub" player, is he not?

Klattsy
05-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Charlotte started theirs at $75 and it ended much higher than that, and I consider Milledge a "scrub" player, is he not?

So what would you consider Shane Lindsay :)

LastingsMilledge85
05-22-2011, 11:40 PM
I know you can't really compare pitchers and position players, but Shane Lindsay has put up some impressive triple-A numbers, while Lastings has been dreadful. Lindsay does have a lot of walks though.

godwulf
05-23-2011, 08:32 AM
One of the sales people at the Charleston RiverDogs agreed to bid for me on a Greg Colbrunn jersey at auction last year, and I got it for $200. I know that Colby's parents go to a lot of the games and bid on his stuff, though, so I might have had the Parent Factor against me on that one.

Chris78
05-23-2011, 11:13 AM
I was actually at 3 of those games (Somerset, Reading, and Lehigh Valley).

The Somerset jerseys seemed to be $150 or more for most of them, but I decided against bidding to get one. Sparky Lyle went for $400 (I believe) to give you an idea on his. I know that I was trying to get Jason Anderson and he was probably around $170 or so and I decided to pass. You write on a clipboard and they pull the cloth at the end of the 7th inning so it is hard to know what each jersey cost.

Reading does an auction where the GM goes through each jersey and gives it to whoever has the highest bid -- a live auction format. A lot of there jerseys were going for less than $100 so it was not bad for the price. On the first jersey they had in the auction, #55 Jacob Diekman, almost nobody bid and I raised my hand and ended up winning the jersey for $75 (If I did not it would have been on ebay as they were not going lower than $75). There were a few others that went in the $75-$85 range, but I did not want to spend the money to win anymore.

Lehigh Valley jerseys always go for a high amount. If you can get a jersey for under $200 that is pretty good. The first auction this year (Go Green) had some jerseys that went for between $100-150, but the last two auctions were not like that. Also, everyone blocks the tables so it is hard to bid there, but at the end of the 7th inning the cloth is pulled and whoever has the highest bid wins. The last time I looked at Sandberg he was at $725 and that was the middle of the 7th.

Hope this helps with your question.

Chris

Klattsy
05-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Thanks Chris, thats great info. Good to see I may be able to snag the odd one for less than $100. I actually thought that Reading jersey's would be the highest due to their affiliation with the Phills. I don't want to sound presumptuous or discriminatory, but are there certain teams that have an "up market" fan base that would pay higher prices?

Also, do you generally find that if a player did not play in the game, the jersey goes for less? Or is it a case of local fans bidding on their favorite players and no so much concerned if it is technically "game used" as opposed to a guy riding the pine.

I have emailed two teams about bidding on upcoming jersey's (St Lucie + Portland) but yet to hear back...

Thanks for putting up with my questions. I have learnt a heck of a lot here over the past 9 months.

Mark.

LastingsMilledge85
05-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Top prospects will almost always go for more even if they played or not and the same could go for a rehabbing guy. I would also agree that local guys go for more like in Lehigh Valley's case, Nate Bump, is a very popular guy there since he is an Eastern PA guy. Andy Tracy is another example when he played in Lehigh Valley. Even though, he wasn't a hometown guy, he was a fan favorite for whatever reason.

Klattsy
05-25-2011, 08:51 PM
If anyone is going to the St Lucie Mets Sat 28th May military appreciation night please email me or PM me. I have tried to get in contact with them but no luck. Am chasing Stefan Welch jersey.

Also if anyone is going to the Portland Seadogs game 30th May, Mitch Dening cap is up for auction but no one at Seadogs will respond to Twitter or Emails.

Thanks,
Mark.