PDA

View Full Version : What brand of bat is this?

tknorm
05-21-2011, 07:05 AM
Mike Cameron used this bat last night versus the Cubs. Any ideas who the maker is? I thought it was Marucci, but the logo looks a bit different and the barrel fonts are different than what I have seen on Marucci.

I appreciate any help!

tilley72
05-21-2011, 07:09 AM
That's an Axis Bat. They were formerly known as Nokona Bats if I can remember correctly.

-Andrww

tknorm
05-21-2011, 07:31 AM
awesome! thanks for your help!

CampWest
05-21-2011, 02:40 PM
That's an Axis Bat. They were formerly known as Nokona Bats if I can remember correctly.

-Andrww

I think Nokona is still making Nokona branded bats, aren't they?

At least I couldnt find anything on Nokona's website showing Axis branding and it looks like Nokona is still making bats...

:confused:

tknorm
05-21-2011, 03:49 PM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/AC-Bats-Puerto-Rico/154807811224592?sk=info

Found this on AC/Axis bats.

CampWest
05-21-2011, 07:31 PM
good find tknorm... So, Nokona still has Nokona branded bats, but they formerly were bats manufactured by AC Bat Co.... Learned something new today...

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/188489_194197380618968_154807811224592_456375_3601 499_n.jpg

CampWest
05-21-2011, 07:35 PM
AC BATS INKS AGREEMENT WITH BASEBALL INDUSTRY LEADER, NO ERRORS

December 14, 2010 (Calabasas, CA) – Rainmaker$ Licensing, Master Licensee for the NO ERRORS brand, announces that AC Bats LLC, has signed an exclusive license agreement to produce a series of wood bats bearing the NO ERRORS logos and signature colors representative (http://thesaurus.com/browse/representative) of their current bag collection.
Having produced bats exclusively under the Nokona Sporting Goods name since 2003, the craftsmen at AC Bats have mastered the art of creating equipment tailored to specific needs of the individual player. Fully customizable bats produced in this small, independent, Fall River, MA plant have been used by the likes of baseball greats David Ortiz, Vladimir Guerrero, and Miguel Tejada to name a few. “We here at AC Bats are elated to be teaming up with No Errors and look forward to providing the best bats available to a company that is already a leader in the industry”, said Lou Ledoux, President of AC Bats, LLC.
Originally known for its unique branding and cosmetic appeal – and the first of its kind, customized baseball bag specifically tailored for catchers – NO ERRORS has quickly become one of the most recognized brand names among avid baseball and softball players at all levels. “The agreement between AC BATS and NO ERRORS may be one of the best brand moves we have made since our inception. We are extremely impressed with the quality of wood bats AC Bats has made for our review. NO ERRORS products are designed and manufactured for the avid baseball and softball player in mind and the new NO ERRORS wood bat line launching at the ABCA show in Nashville, Tennessee will be no exception. I truly believe the avid player is going to love this product.” said Ron Reed, owner of NO ERRORS, Gear Guard Sports Inc.