PDA

View Full Version : NHL: Thrashers to Move to Winnipeg

cliffjmp33
05-20-2011, 10:02 AM
It's still not official, but seems a mere matter of time that the Atlanta Thrashers will be sold and moved to a company who will relocate them to Winnipeg. Supposedly no name has been suggested, THE JETS (C'MON), but I assume the NHL may wait for a dead time during the playoffs or after the season to become official.

Either way, IMO, this is great for the league. Without fully knowing the true issues, the Jets leaving for Phoenix was a disgrace back in the late 90s. And I think to bring a team back to Canada and out of one of the also-ran teams (apologies to Thrasher fans) truly is a good move for everyone involved.

Now, lets get some teams to get us back The Whalers and the Nordique!

trsent
05-20-2011, 01:59 PM
It's still not official, but seems a mere matter of time that the Atlanta Thrashers will be sold and moved to a company who will relocate them to Winnipeg. Supposedly no name has been suggested, THE JETS (C'MON), but I assume the NHL may wait for a dead time during the playoffs or after the season to become official.

Either way, IMO, this is great for the league. Without fully knowing the true issues, the Jets leaving for Phoenix was a disgrace back in the late 90s. And I think to bring a team back to Canada and out of one of the also-ran teams (apologies to Thrasher fans) truly is a good move for everyone involved.

Now, lets get some teams to get us back The Whalers and the Nordique!

Are there true Thrasher fans? To quote The Miz - Really? Really?

It's like hockey is Florida - to quote Cee Lo Green - "Why?"

sox83cubs84
05-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Shouldn't "Thrasher Fans" be singular? I've had as many encounters with Bigfoot as I have with Thrashers backers.;)

Dave Miedema

dirtyla2000
05-21-2011, 04:06 AM
Shouldn't "Thrasher Fans" be singular? I've had as many encounters with Bigfoot as I have with Thrashers backers.;)

Dave Miedema

I along with many other Canadians often wonder why hockey does not work in most American cities! I realize the south is not a hockey hotbed but the game is more exciting then Nascar ! Has anyone watched this years playoffs ! Hockey by far has the most exciting playoffs of any sport ! Most importantly ,THERE'S NO CRYING IN HOCKEY ! Lebron has a cold look out. Stop a 106 mile an hour slapshot from Chara ,Lebron, and then whine about a cold !:D

sox83cubs84
05-21-2011, 02:46 PM
I along with many other Canadians often wonder why hockey does not work in most American cities! I realize the south is not a hockey hotbed but the game is more exciting then Nascar ! Has anyone watched this years playoffs ! Hockey by far has the most exciting playoffs of any sport ! Most importantly ,THERE'S NO CRYING IN HOCKEY ! Lebron has a cold look out. Stop a 106 mile an hour slapshot from Chara ,Lebron, and then whine about a cold !:D

You're right about that...hockey players work through injuries and in-game cuts that are stitched-up on the fly with a unique brand of toughness and grit. Not all NBA players are divas, but too many of them are.

Dave Miedema