PDA

View Full Version : Steiner screws up again...big time

Vincent
05-19-2011, 06:48 PM
Well, I just got a refund from the 3 for $99 deal. I wanted 3 Frank Thomas baseballs for the $99 like advertised, the Frank Thomas '521 baseballs. If it is advertised shouldn't Steiner be fulfulling the 3 for $99 offer? It disgusts me that Steiner just gave me a refund for these baseballs instead of calling me up to tell me what happened. This is the second time that Steiner has done this to me last time was on Black Friday Specials. Looks like I am done dealing with Steiner.
anyone know who I should contact to try and resolve this issue?
vinny

frikativ54
05-19-2011, 08:40 PM
I would recommend contacting JJ at JMolesso@steinersports.com. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with Steiner. I've had instances where I've been refunded too, but when I've talked with them, they have made an earnest effort to make things right. I know it's disappointing to not get the items you want, but I would try talking to them before writing them off.

-Frik

freddiefreeman5
05-21-2011, 10:08 PM
It would have been nice to get 3 $100 baseballs for just $99 wouldn't it?
Were you planning on keeping all 3 or selling them?
I wanted one too but it was to keep for the collection. Of course they were sold out in no time, wonder why?

frikativ54
05-22-2011, 06:55 AM
It would have been nice to get 3 $100 baseballs for just $99 wouldn't it?
Were you planning on keeping all 3 or selling them?
I wanted one too but it was to keep for the collection. Of course they were sold out in no time, wonder why?

I don't think the OP's intent is the question here. For all we know, he had three kids and wanted each one of them to have a ball. Obviously, this is a very different scenario from Vincent's buying the baseballs for resale. The bottom line is that we don't know the OP's intent, so we shouldn't judge.

The relevant question here IMHO is about Steiner. Why are there so many instances of people's money being refunded? This is a fair question, and Vincent is not the first person I've heard raise it. A fellow forum member just brought up the very same issue in conversation a few days ago.

Perhaps a representative from Steiner can respond to these concerns.

freddiefreeman5
05-22-2011, 07:32 AM
I don't think the OP's intent is the question here. For all we know, he had three kids and wanted each one of them to have a ball. Obviously, this is a very different scenario from Vincent's buying the baseballs for resale. The bottom line is that we don't know the OP's intent, so we shouldn't judge.

The relevant question here IMHO is about Steiner. Why are there so many instances of people's money being refunded? This is a fair question, and Vincent is not the first person I've heard raise it. A fellow forum member just brought up the very same issue in conversation a few days ago.

Perhaps a representative from Steiner can respond to these concerns.
Good point and I am sorry if my first reaction was wrong. I hope his 3 children get their baseballs.

As far as Steiner is concerned they are just using an old marketing stratagy that many retailers use. They advertise a great deal with only a few of the item in stock to draw you in so you will at least look around at their other items. No big secret there.

Skizzick
05-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Nothing is really worth buying direct from Steiner unless it's on big sale. I've gotten some good deals on stuff (a Duke Snider 16x20 for $30, which came with a free Curt Schilling ROMLB). But on that note, I have been screwed over by them more often than I've been helped.

ferro39
05-22-2011, 07:36 PM
they over-sell sometimes.

they recently liquidated their hartford wolf pack gamers and some were over-sold. as a result, some people's orders were canceled.

not too long ago, i purchased what was advertised as a jeter game worn hat for like $400. i figured it was too good to be true, so i bookmarked the page. the following day, the description was changed from "worn" to "issued" (the item was also shipped out to me the same day). they were cool about returning though and footed the shipping back to them as they should have.

ive also had a bunch of other problems with them over the years--mainly mixups with orders. ive been disappointed a lot, but i have never had a serious problem with them not following through on a promise or screwing me over

ive just come to realize that i shouldnt assume that i will own an item from them at a particular price until it has been delivered

ziggy
05-22-2011, 10:23 PM
After Bob Malandro left things have gone down hill for them.

frikativ54
05-23-2011, 03:06 PM

Who is he? When did he leave? I am relatively new on the scene here, so I don't know the history of Steiner.

frikativ54
05-23-2011, 10:36 PM
As Steiner says about its latest sale, "Not responsible for technical glitches, errors, or oversell situations." At what point are they held accountable?

rufusandherschel
05-24-2011, 08:32 AM

I couldn't agree with you more!

ferrisfain41
06-05-2011, 05:50 PM
If you are picking a n auction house to see an item, which one do you pick?
Help!
Ferris