PDA

View Full Version : Griffey bat variations

justinwc80
05-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Went through some of my Griffey photos I had compiled to illustrate that although many players show consistent traits even Griffey has used variations on his typical criss cross tape job on black C271s. Hope this helps.

70to66
05-17-2011, 08:10 PM
I had a picture of Griffey Jr. holding a X bat the was a reds provided bat but can't find it, does anyone have that picture?

Neal
05-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Thanks for sharing - good stuff!

RRexpressfan94
05-17-2011, 10:19 PM
not pointing any fingers, but look at how much bigger he is in the top right compared to the top middle pictures...

AWA85
05-17-2011, 10:26 PM
not pointing any fingers, but look at how much bigger he is in the top right compared to the top middle pictures...

I think you are WAY off base on that one. Griffey put on the bad type of weight as he aged, unlike Bonds and some of the guys who seemed to get bigger and stronger. Griffey got bigger in other areas and slowed down with injuries. Nice try, but I would guess you are completely wrong.

If he was using, would have been a ton less injuries and a ton more home runs!

RRexpressfan94
05-17-2011, 10:30 PM
I think you are WAY off base on that one. Griffey put on the bad type of weight as he aged, unlike Bonds and some of the guys who seemed to get bigger and stronger. Griffey got bigger in other areas and slowed down with injuries. Nice try, but I would guess you are completely wrong.

i clearly said not pointing any fingers, just simply making a comparison.

justinwc80
05-18-2011, 07:44 AM

Gotta agree with Adam, there is a difference in weight over time versus an enlarged head, feet, and pounds of muscle. Griffey should be appreciated even more for not giving into the temptation that so many did.

vdsporty25
05-18-2011, 07:47 AM
Gotta agree with Adam, there is a difference in weight over time versus an enlarged head, feet, and pounds of muscle. Griffey should be appreciated even more for not giving into the temptation that so many did.

Plus you have to look at when the photos were taken....20-23 years old in the early M's pics to 29+ years old in the Reds photos. Its the natural progression of a body maturing.

Mat2786@aol.com
05-20-2011, 06:13 PM
He is not off base steriods dont always make you bigger in the right areas. I beleive giambi stated that he used him early in his career and actually got fat, because he didn't work out right. and look at palmeiro. but anyway do the math, i did a couple years ago the numbers dont lie I beileve his first 5 seasons he hit a hr every 24-25 at bats that then dropped in half to every 12 at bats and then dropped to 11 per at bat. the numbers dont lie theres a reason that his numbers compare to both mcgwire and sosa during there biggest years and steroids make you break down. He broke down more then any player. i don't get how people can honestly say he didn't use steroids. but whatever makes you all happy.

Matt

rdeversole
05-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Numbers aren't proof that anybody did steroids. Testing positive or being told on tends to be the only solid proof in my book. There are actually unbelievably talented people in baseball. I believe I remember Griffey not even working out at least one spring training - he was getting a bit lazy and fat. So when are you going to start saying Jose Bautista is juicing? There's always gotta be that one person..

Mat2786@aol.com
05-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Hey I am a big griffey fan and mcgwire and sosa and bonds. But the numbers during the steriod era do not lie. You just dont become twice as good with out some help. And i don't blame a single player for taking steriods. And umm no players ever tested positive in 90's for steriods.