PDA

View Full Version : Sick of Heat worship

sox83cubs84
05-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Is it just me, or does the national sports media (read: Eastern Seaboard Programming Network) seem to act as if the Buls should just pack up and go home because there's no way they can beat the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals? I've never seen such disrespect for a top seed in my life!
ESPN has their preferred teams (Knicks, Celtics, Lakers and Heat), and, with only Miami left from the group of teams they endlessly hype and promote, it seems that many (if not most) of their national "experts" are waiting, and even hoping, in some cases, for the Bulls to fall flat on their faces. While I don't predict a cakewalk, I believe the Bulls will win this series...better bench, better rebounding, better defense, and better coaching. The Heat has the Big 3 and very little else. The Bulls are as deep as any recent NBA team I've seen. At least the TNT analysts are believers in the Bulls...those guys seem to be more interested in quality team basketball than a chance to hype a network favorite.

Chicago took the first one, and I think they can defeat the Heat in 6.

Dave Miedema

harpt
05-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Chicago took the first one, and I think they can defeat the Heat in 6.

Dave Miedema

I did not know there was National media saying the Bulls had no chance. I tend to agree with you though...I think they'll win. I definately hope they win, but then I'll root for the Mavs in the finals (sorry Dave). Last night was the first time in my life I can remeber rooting for the Bulls.

ivo610
05-16-2011, 12:05 PM
I dont really see the Heat worship myself, I always thought it was the other way around, everyone was rooting against them.

Rose did get the MVP so its not like there is no love from the media.

If the Bulls win its because the heat cant rebound like the Bulls. They went with a small lineup against Philly and Boston which wasnt exposed like it was in game 1 against the Bulls.

cliffjmp33
05-16-2011, 12:53 PM
I agree with you Dave that I think the NBA would prefer Miami in the finals, along with media. I have few thoughts why....

1) Wade and LeBron are obviously two of the biggest name in the sport (even though Rose should be there too). They can push for the casual fan to watch if they put Miami in the finals. Meanwhile, a player like Noah was unreal defensively last night yet very few people would turn into the finals to watch him. I'd watch him play and tell my kids he plays the right way.

2) The marketing has changed. It isn't team anymore, it's the superstar. And that stinks. Period. And not matter what we know (Bulls are the better team, better coach, should win, etc) the media is going to focus on Wade/LeBron as they sell more so.

3) I agree TNT guys get it. Then again, they for the most part have played and when they played were more team oriented than players today.

4) I think the media doesn't always express things as well as they can. I think they often say the Heat are better when in fact they mean to say, the Bulls are a good team, but this is why I favor the Heat. With that said, there isn't much outside isolation that the Heat do better. And even when they try that, the Bulls' D is great. Thibideau is hands down great and gets the most of his team and they play with heart.

I can see this game going 6-7 games. And for basketball sake, I hope Chicago wins. The play the right way, with heart and as a team and any true basketball fan without a horse in this race should be cheering for the Bulls.

sox83cubs84
05-17-2011, 12:34 AM
I dont really see the Heat worship myself, I always thought it was the other way around, everyone was rooting against them.

Rose did get the MVP so its not like there is no love from the media.

If the Bulls win its because the heat cant rebound like the Bulls. They went with a small lineup against Philly and Boston which wasnt exposed like it was in game 1 against the Bulls.

As far as fans go, I agree that the Heat doesn't get much love. Media types, though, especially ESPN hosts and experts, other than those that are locally based, appear to be very biased in favor of the Heat. Heck, one of their hosts (Jason Smith of AllNight) and a couple of their "experts" didn't think the Bulls would even get past Atlanta.

Oh, well...3 more W's and the Mothership Heat lovers can stick it in their doobie and smoke it.:D :D

Dave Miedema

sammy
05-17-2011, 08:53 AM
I'm with you on this one Dave.

http://www.amazon.com/b?%5Fencoding=UTF8&site-redirect=&node=256994011&tag=colmor-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

BostonSportsFan
05-17-2011, 10:29 PM
What is troubling about the Heat to me is that they are bad for the concept of team basketball. While it has traditionally taken 2 superstars to win titles over the history of basketball on most teams what troubles me about the Heat is once you get beyond their big 2.5, (Bosh only counts as .5 as he is way too inconsistent) most of the rest of the guys on their roster would be lucky to be the 12th man off the bench on most other NBA teams. These guys are very old, slow, and just are hangers on trying to win a title on their way out of the league. It really speaks volumes to the inability of other teams to matchup with the Heat effectively as I would focus on shutting down the other components on their team and try to force LeBron and Wade to beat me as no two guys can beat entire teams. The other players on their team once you get beyond the two stars and Bosh cannot in any way get their own shots and if you can athletically match up with the Heats big 2.5 you have a great shot to beat these guys.

I agree, ESPN has hyped these guys but then again, they have been in LeBron's jock for years as they had him anoited as the next Jordan coming out of high school so it should surprise no one that they continue to push these guys as the greatest team the world has ever seen.

Joe