PDA

View Full Version : Lance Berkman Astros Game Used Batting Gloves- - -asi

cjosefy
08-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Perhaps someone with knowledge of the stuff that came out during Lance Berkman's contract with ASI can answer this. Was it common for them to release game used batting gloves without Berkman's signature on either glove? The only pairs I've seen (and the one that I own) have Berkman's signature on both gloves and some sort of game used inscription.

Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LANCE-BERKMAN-ASTROS-GAME-USED-BATTING-GLOVES-ASI_W0QQitemZ260026616740QQihZ016QQcategoryZ73419Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

kylehess10
08-31-2006, 12:39 PM
Perhaps someone with knowledge of the stuff that came out during Lance Berkman's contract with ASI can answer this. Was it common for them to release game used batting gloves without Berkman's signature on either glove? The only pairs I've seen (and the one that I own) have Berkman's signature on both gloves and some sort of game used inscription.

Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LANCE-BERKMAN-ASTROS-GAME-USED-BATTING-GLOVES-ASI_W0QQitemZ260026616740QQihZ016QQcategoryZ73419Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've never seen something from ASI come NOT signed. That's the first time I've seen that

indyred
08-31-2006, 03:23 PM
Can't make out the wording on the coa letter that well. On his other ASI COA'S does it say signed game used gloves or just game used gloves? Wonder if this will add value to them, considering all other's are signed and these aren't. Or without the game used auto inscription they won't do as well. Any idea what his signed gloves have gone for before? Does ASI use holograms? I don't see any on these gloves......

cjosefy
08-31-2006, 03:48 PM
Here's a completed auction with the same model gloves, but with both signed from 2003. They have the hologram on them, but no letter. It could be that because the others are 2002 ASI didn't have the hologram system at that time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LANCE-BERKMAN-GAME-USED-BATTING-GLOVES-WITH-COA_W0QQitemZ110022614675QQihZ001QQcategoryZ60596Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think these gloves might actually go lower because there is no way to match the gloves with the COA.

indyred
09-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Looks like the seller didn't fair too well on this one. Just looking at the auctions it first went for $60 and didn't meet the reserve. Then got relisted and sold for $40.

kylehess10
09-14-2006, 10:45 AM
Can't make out the wording on the coa letter that well. On his other ASI COA'S does it say signed game used gloves or just game used gloves? Wonder if this will add value to them, considering all other's are signed and these aren't. Or without the game used auto inscription they won't do as well. Any idea what his signed gloves have gone for before? Does ASI use holograms? I don't see any on these gloves......

I'm able to see the COA barely and it says:

I, Lance Berkman, hereby certify that these batting gloves game used by me during the 2002 season. I sold these batting gloves to Authentic Sports Investments with who I have an exclusive contract with for my game used equipment and autographs.

It doesn't say anything about them being signed so I guess they were meant to be that way when ASI had them. Also, to answer your other question about the holograms, yes, they do use them, but they didn't use them a few years ago. Everything they sell now and in the future will always have a hologram on them